Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is eating my leaf?

• 05-08-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I see this leaf on my laurel hedge.
    It seems to have attracted some sort
    Bug or something . Advice appreciated
    See photos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

It's a minor fungal disease called shot-hole of laurel caused by a fungus called Xanthomonas or Pseudomonas. It is a minor disease and goes with the territory. Many plants suffer from different shot hole diseases.
    You can get a fungicide for powdery mildews which should help with the disease but you will have to spray each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

It's a minor fungal disease called shot-hole of laurel caused by a fungus called Xanthomonas or Pseudomonas. It is a minor disease and goes with the territory. Many plants suffer from different shot hole diseases.
    You can get a fungicide for powdery mildews which should help with the disease but you will have to spray each year.

Many thanks for your informative reply
    If you can suggest any particular product I would be very grateful .. You can pm or say here

Thanks

Paddy

Advertisement