Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large root growing under house wall!! Anyone know maintenance co in North Co Dub?

Options
  • 05-08-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

We have a worryingly large root growing under the wall of our parents house, it's pushing up through the concrete and it's only a matter of time before it does some serious damage so I'd like to get it removed as soon as possible.

Does anyone know how I could get this done or better still recommend someone in the North County Dublin region who could extract this root (at a reasonable price) and prevent it from returning.

I've no idea how to go about this :confused: so I'd really appreciate any help or direction I can get here.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't know any myself, but you could try looking up 'Tree Surgeons' on goldenpages.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

From a tree outside your property?

That would be fingal who look after it, they have taken down tress in the past because of them lifting the footpaths. If this is the case I would contact them on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I have a similar problem or concern with a neighbours tree.Its wayyyy TO BIG.
    I have asked but was told no, they wont top it.:(
    I do know the beautician who works in aura, she lives in the naul, her husband CHRIS? Does them.
    Things you talk about during a waxing session :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cathy - Too much information!!! :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Watched Jack the Giant Slayer last night - I would recommend getting it looked at ... quickly;)

:D

As tHB points out, a tree surgeon is your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Thanks for the replies guyssmile.png
    I don't know any myself, but you could try looking up 'Tree Surgeons' on goldenpages.ie.
    Beasty wrote: »
    As tHB points out, a tree surgeon is your best bet

Sounds like a plan...just wondering would a tree surgeon be able to deal with something growing under the house?
    Davy wrote: »
    From a tree outside your property?

That would be fingal who look after it, they have taken down tress in the past because of them lifting the footpaths. If this is the case I would contact them on their website

No it's actually under the side wall of the house so it could cause structural damage if not sorted...I'm assuming Fingal wouldn't deal with it as it's on (or rather under) private property.
    cathy01 wrote: »
    I have a similar problem or concern with a neighbours tree.Its wayyyy TO BIG.
    I have asked but was told no, they wont top it.:(
    I do know the beautician who works in aura, she lives in the naul, her husband CHRIS? Does them.
    Things you talk about during a waxing session :D
    Do you mean the roots of an outside tree pushing up a wall or something growing under your house? Did she say Chris was a tree surgeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Where is the actual tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No the tree is HUGE X 100 .Its blocking the lovely view we used to have .Gone now.
    The roots and branches are dangerously hanging over walls .Kids swinging on them .
    Some people just don't care.
    Chris is her husband and yes he is a tree surgeon.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

you should probably get a structural engineer out to make sure theirs no damage to the foundations, and , if you've found one root under your house, there could be more.

Advertisement