Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Admin and Mods

Options
  • 05-08-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

I have to say (having been a mod many times in many places ... not here) That I really admire the humour and patience of you guys. I have often sat and read the posts in the Prison and actually fallen about laughing. You folks do a grand job, and heaven help me if I ever end up in there as I simply could not compete with that. No matter what other folks say, I think what you do is very very good and you are the best at it that I know of.

I think in your shoes I would be loading for bear very swiftly. It is a good education if I ever take up the truly thankless task of modding elsewhere again. (And no I have no plans to do that in a hurry :D )
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Being a mod here is educational, really, there are so many skills learned that can be transferred to real life.
    I'll echo your sentiments, thanks boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You learn the lyrics to Mysterious Cities of Gold pretty sharpish at the beers. Comes in handy in situations you'd never expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Steve wrote: »
    God loves a tryer :)

Oh, that was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Tell us what you really think... :)

P.S. Gordon should probably be writing a prison sitcom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'd ban the OP for brown-nosing if I wasn't the Mod he's talking about.

Rubecula wrote: »
    I think in your shoes I would be loading for beer very swiftly.
    FYP

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Actually I am not sure I would really want to brown nose a goat.

To be honest I am not so much brown-nosing as (in my own roundabout way) saying thanks. I know it seldom happens.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You folks do a grand job

What ya lookin' for Rub?

Beruthiel wrote: »
    What ya lookin' for Rub?

The key to OldGoat's Drinks cabinet???

You're on your own there.
    That key is kept on his person at all times and nobody in their right mind would get that close to him, even while he's sleeping!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Chuck Norris tried taking it once.
    chuck-norris-beaten-up.gif
    Once.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I have to say (having been a mod many times in many places ... not here) That I really admire the humour and patience of you guys. I have often sat and read the posts in the Prison and actually fallen about laughing. You folks do a grand job, and heaven help me if I ever end up in there as I simply could not compete with that. No matter what other folks say, I think what you do is very very good and you are the best at it that I know of.

I think in your shoes I would be loading for bear very swiftly. It is a good education if I ever take up the truly thankless task of modding elsewhere again. (And no I have no plans to do that in a hurry :D )
    ^^^^^^^Please make me a Mod!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

So much cynicism... :(

Thank you Rubecula, it's really, genuinely nice to hear a kind word every now and again, they're very rare.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

padd b1975 wrote: »

Yes, because massaging the admins' huge collective ego is all it takes to be made a mod. :rolleyes: indeed.

Thanks Rubecula, it's nice to know that not everyone hates us. :)

padd b1975 wrote: »

God forbid that ever happens, I have done so well. I am still here, after my time in Hell.

No I don't want to be a mod and I never will do. I tend to be more of a 'hammer of the gods' and ban everyone if they dare look at the keyboard. So no I don't want the job at all and nor would I suit it on a place like this. I was really just trying to be genuine.
    Zaph wrote: »
    Yes, because massaging the admins' huge collective ego is all it takes to be made a mod. :rolleyes: indeed.

Thanks Rubecula, it's nice to know that not everyone hates us. :)

Now you see, that post is very nice and polite ... and it still made me laugh. I could never post something like that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What did Cmods ever do to you to get left out of the thanks? :P

CMods?? Well it is all OldGoat's fault you see......... :D

(They are of course included, but as they do nothing .....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You're on your own there.
    That key is kept on his person at all times and nobody in their right mind would get that close to him, even while he's sleeping!

Pff easily done you just have to wear a good corset and take a couple of deep breaths to distract him.

Morag wrote: »
    Pff easily done you just have to wear a good corset and take a couple of deep breaths to distract him.

I have no doubt.
    But, as far as I'm aware, Rub is a bloke and unless he's got a pair of substantial moobs, he's out of luck. :D

I have no doubt.
    But, as far as I'm aware, Rub is a bloke and unless he's got a pair of substantial moobs, he's out of luck. :D
    Any port in a storm. :D

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    Any port in a storm. :D

Think you just made Rub's day. :D

My largesse knows no bounds, except when it comes to the contents of my drinkie cabinet.

I have no doubt.
    Think you just made Rub's day. :D

Have you been watching me secretly Beruthiel? Flattered as I am, the release of that information about my well formed moobs could lead to a rush of fans that I simply can not cope with, OG didn't so much make the day, more like night-mares.

(In Wales they seem to prefer sheep to goats, I am starting to realise why.)

Morag wrote: »

Where do I get one of those?

Ah yes OldGoat may I rifle through your wardrobe? (Handily placed next to his drinks cabinet)

This is not feedback, it's perversion.

I like it.

Have you been watching me secretly Beruthiel?

<
    Read my tagline. :D

<
    Read my tagline. :D

Wish I had known, I could have put on a show for you. Wrestling polarbears for fish, milking crocodiles, twirling the tassles on my moobs, all kinds of interesting and informative stuff like that. :D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's people like you OP who encourage their gruesome brutality against the very weakest members of our boards society.

It's people like you OP who encourage their gruesome brutality against the very weakest members of our boards society.

Much to the enjoyment and entertainment of the likes of myself??? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

They are weak.

They deserve brutality.

Advertisement