Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently upgraded to 24mb but connection dropping!

Options
  • 05-08-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Last week I got a lovely call from Peggy in Eircom and she offered to upgrade me from 8mb to 24mb, for free, as I'm a loyal customer. She also said she'd take €5 off my bill every month for the next year. I was thrilled and she said the upgrade would take 24 hours.

So 24 hours passed and to be honest, I don't see any difference in my speeds.
    Also, my connection is dropping more often now than it ever did before.

Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

fussyonion wrote: »
    Last week I got a lovely call from Peggy in Eircom and she offered to upgrade me from 8mb to 24mb, for free, as I'm a loyal customer. She also said she'd take €5 off my bill every month for the next year. I was thrilled and she said the upgrade would take 24 hours.

So 24 hours passed and to be honest, I don't see any difference in my speeds.
    Also, my connection is dropping more often now than it ever did before.

Please help!
    Hi fussyonion

I can see the upgrade has gone through and your speeds are set to the highest your line can hold of up to 15mb dpwnload speeds.

Considering your findings of no difference in speed and frequent disconnections the best advice I can offer is to contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260 (option 0).

Thanks

Al

Advertisement