Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New in GMIT/Possible Glasán meetup this week

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scarftoon

physics is done for the first year only. It's not done in any other year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leanne26

Ok thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebtreanor

Is this course hard work?? I'v never done physics or chemistry before so I'm scared I'll not be able to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scarftoon

rebtreanor wrote: »
    Is this course hard work?? I'v never done physics or chemistry before so I'm scared I'll not be able to do it?

Both subjects are taught at a level whereby anyone can pick up regardless if you did it before or not. I didn't have any background in physics or chem before and I thought it was fine. You really have to work hard with this course and you might find that the coursework will have you pulling your hair out at some stage but once u keep on top of stuff it's not too bad. First year was by far the easiest and the least stressful when I look back so enjoy it. If you can get over 2nd year you will see the course to the end. That year was by far the hardest and most intense what with extra subjects and everything that goes along with it. 3rd year was good, you are in college up to November and then out in placement for the rest of the year which was great. Then 4th year was quite tiresome but at this stage you get a choice as to what subjects you study so you actually have an interest into what you are doing. Also come 4th year you just want to get the exams over with and leave college behind so you will do anything not to fail exams! All I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I heard rumours that the college bar is closed down (The library ) bodkins and kings valley., Is this true?

• Advertisement
Advertisement