Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC HD Television Service - Issues

Options
  • 05-08-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

Are people in the area having issues with the UPC hd box? overlapping recordings, guide not working or so unresponsive that it is unusable...

UPC claim a software update was rolled out which they have now factory reset the box but still not working..

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

JShannow wrote: »
    Hi All,

Are people in the area having issues with the UPC hd box? overlapping recordings, guide not working or so unresponsive that it is unusable...

UPC claim a software update was rolled out which they have now factory reset the box but still not working..

Thanks!

That sounds exactly like the issues ive been having for the last 4-5 days, except the box in the morning sometimes displays a picture then snow then a picture, have to keep plugging it out and back in again to get a stable picture, ive also had the guide freeze on me then goto loading then coming back but all the programs are in the wrong place on the guide, also the box has been freezing again necessitating a restart, have a tech coming out on Thursday to investigate issue

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

There was a software update done last week where they added some nice new features, but in the mean time they made the box slow and unresponsive.

It is so slow to change the channel sometimes, that i have enough time to browse through half the analogue channels before its actually changed.

I think if enough people rang up to complain, they would roll us back to the previous software until they ironed out all these bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

Bodan wrote: »
    There was a software update done last week where they added some nice new features, but in the mean time they made the box slow and unresponsive.

It is so slow to change the channel sometimes, that i have enough time to browse through half the analogue channels before its actually changed.

I think if enough people rang up to complain, they would roll us back to the previous software until they ironed out all these bugs.

They have rolled me back now, and done a factory reset of the box and still the same..

The box was always slow but now it is a disaster! Coronation street or Eastenders didn't record properly this evening and the other half is not happy!

Advertisement