Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi fi in a big house

Options
  • 05-08-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Recently got eircom b/band installed ( large rambling house in the countryside ) Speed is about 2.67 but can only get Wi Fi in 2 rooms near the router (about 4m away ) - HOW can I extend the range to say 15m throughout the house ( I see a white 'Apple' box lying around, not sure if it's a range extender or old router )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Capri wrote: »
    Recently got eircom b/band installed ( large rambling house in the countryside ) Speed is about 2.67 but can only get Wi Fi in 2 rooms near the router (about 4m away ) - HOW can I extend the range to say 15m throughout the house ( I see a white 'Apple' box lying around, not sure if it's a range extender or old router )

Hi Capri

Many things can affect wireless range andthe best advice I can offer is to contact eircom broadband support (1890260260 option 0) to discuss this and the advantages of eircoms wireless extender adapters.

I'm not sure about the "applebox" you found but I would recommend searching the name of the product online.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭andublin

If the house has very solid or stone walls, consider a powerline adapter. Used by a colleague of mine with great success. Otherwise install Ethernet Cat5e cabling ( max 100m runs).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd advise you to go to anybody else rather than Eircom. I bought one of those TP link things from them to extend the wi fi but I didn't have any success with it.

Advertisement