Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on awful bus driver route 126

Options
  • 05-08-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Came across this wicked bus driver on the 10 o’ clock bus travelling the 126 route from Dublin to Newbridge on the night of Friday 19th July.

He shouted and harassed passengers and made awful comments the whole way to Newbridge. If you were on this bus I'd love to know. I emailed Bus Eireann on the 24th of July but haven't gotten a reply.

When I first got on the driver asked me to sit the front seat nearest him saying he had left his bag on the seat and wanted someone to watch it for him, which I did, why I don't know. :confused:

He tried to start up a conversation but it began to get weird very quickly. He asked my name, where I lived and asked if I was doing anything for the weekend, adding that he would be down ‘my neck of the woods’ over the next few days. I tried to make it clear that I didn’t really want a conversation by giving short answers and took out a book to read. He then began to tell me of a book he had read about the rape of a 14 year old child, he went into great detail saying he knew the rapist and was in the field where the girl’s body was found. I stopped answering him at this stage but he talked about this girl's rape for about 15mins. When the bus was in Naas he asked me which stop I wanted to get out at, when I said the Tesco stop in Newbridge he reminded me that it was the last stop on the route and asked that I stay behind on the bus, letting the rest of the passengers get out ahead of me.

Needless to say, that this stage I was crapping myself. I rang home to ask if someone could meet me at the bus stop. He then started quizzing me about the phone call asking who was coming to get me and why my boyfriend wasn’t picking me up, saying he would come and pick me up if I was his girlfriend no matter what time of night I called. At the second last stop in Newbridge, outside Lifestyle, an older man got off the bus, the driver then told me that is why he wanted me to stay behind until last because he didn’t trust the old man.

But whatever his fecking reason you can’t have drivers telling people he know rapists and then asked them where they live and if they can stay on the bus after the final stop! He scared the **** out of me. :mad:

He also screamed at a Polish teenager for about 3 mins. She didn't speak much English and didn't understand the bus didn't stop at the Red Cow.

He roared at anyone who didn't wear a seat belt or who stood up before the bus 'came to a full and complete stop'. If anyone remembers this please let me know. We've a better chance of Bus Eireann doing something about it if they get more than one complaint.

It was an <snip> that was operating the route for Bus Eireann, the registration began 08 KK.

Thanks!

Comments

Jesus, thats awful, im afraid i cant help you with your enquiry because I travel a different route, but i had a simillar experience a couple of years ago when i was commuting to Dublin, this particular bus driver was working on the 109 route and he used to make me feel very uncomfortable.

When id get on the bus he used to ask me to sit up the front to keep him company, and i did a few times because im not very assertive, (I was an eejit when i think about it) and he too used to chat about issues that made me uncomfortable, although not as serious as rape, but weird all the same. It got to a stage where id wait for a later bus if he was driving, but i had to draw a line in the sand when he'd come over and sit beside me in bus aras, i made a complaint to bus eireann, saying that i felt his conduct was inappropriate. They didnt really take me too seriously, saying they would look look into the matter, but they didnt get back to me, fortunately i got a job in my home town shortly after so i didnt have to deal with him, i let it go and i regret that. The bus driver you encountered sounds like a horrible person and i would urge you not to let the matter drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

gctest50 wrote: »

Any complaints should be made to Bus Éireann as they were providing the service using hired in coach and driver, Bus Éireann are responsible for the actions of their contractors.

Fair Play to AniJ and fiestywonder for actually taking the time to complain and hope ye get some kind of constructive response from Bus Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suggest you write (by letter) to Bus Éireann, enclosing a copy of your previous correspondence.

Speculation on the identity of the driver is inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fogboy

Was it a BE bus or private operator?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fogboy wrote: »
    Was it a BE bus or private operator?
    A private operator operating the route for Bus Eireann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Do bus drivers require background checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You must contact Bus Eireann stating the date and exact time of the incident and they should be able to track who was driving the Bus.

Advertisement