Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocks thrown at cars - Mulhuddart graveyard

Options
  • 05-08-2013 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Driving up past Mulhuddart graveyard towards Tyrrelstown on Saturday and a rock/stone was thrown at our car from the direction of the field on the left hand side of the road. We kept driving, no damage to car... but has it happened to anybody else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

January wrote: »
    Driving up past Mulhuddart graveyard towards Tyrrelstown on Saturday and a rock/stone was thrown at our car from the direction of the field on the left hand side of the road. We kept driving, no damage to car... but has it happened to anybody else?
    Toerags. I use that run frequently. Thankfully, no hassle up to now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You've just reminded me that this happened to a friend's father recently. Some fella came out onto the road and was flagging him down. he slowed down, then though better of it and drove off, yer man threw a rock/brick at the car. It left a dent and scratch on it too. He reported it to the Gardaí and they didn't do too much, said they had an idea who it probably was, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

miamee wrote: »
    You've just reminded me that this happened to a friend's father recently. Some fella came out onto the road and was flagging him down. he slowed down, then though better of it and drove off, yer man threw a rock/brick at the car. It left a dent and scratch on it too. He reported it to the Gardaí and they didn't do too much, said they had an idea who it probably was, that's it.

Must be the most oft used phrase by the Guards. Pity they wouldnt lift a few of them and put it to them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Must be the most oft used phrase by the Guards.
    That and "it's a civil matter." :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

I remember when it was snowing heavily and people were getting stranded on the hill upto tyrrelstown,instead of helping out their fellow human the useless toerags decided to pelt cars with snowballs with rocks in them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

coolbond wrote: »
    I remember when it was snowing heavily and people were getting stranded on the hill upto tyrrelstown,instead of helping out their fellow human the useless toerags decided to pelt cars with snowballs with rocks in them :mad:
    [sarcasm]But sure there's nothing else to do around there, can ya blame them?[/sarcasm]

Advertisement