Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Launches In Cork

Options
  • 05-08-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I live in east cork i am wondering if there are any boat slips in youghal ballycotton east ferry i don't want to use aghadas pier cause it is over croweded there and i would have no where to put my trailer. Please help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

There's a slip down in Gyleen and another in Knockadoon if thats any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

If you are launching in guileann you would need a jeep! A very handy slip in ferrypoint not far past youghal bridge! Very easy to launch a boat with a car no matter what tide!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corkguy22

strokle wrote: »
    If you are launching in guileann you would need a jeep! A very handy slip in ferrypoint not far past youghal bridge! Very easy to launch a boat with a car no matter what tide!
    Thanks My dad has a jeep :) are the areas croowed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corkguy22

strokle wrote: »

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

I had a buddy that launched there and i think you need a high tide to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

There is 2 slips in Youghal that boats can be launched from but both would need jeeps as they are quiet steep and slippery. As someone else mentioned the Ferrypoint is also a good spot to launch and you wouldn't need a jeep

Advertisement