Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dog food for westie

• 05-08-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if any of you could give me an idea of a good food for a westie.
    I need to get him onto a hard nut to bite as the current nuts aren't hard enough and causing a build up of tarter on his teeth. these also need to be cleaned. But want get idea of food too.
    With the way things are I just can't afford the huge prices for some of the food so any suggestions you could give me would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I feed my westie Arden grange dog food, it's hypoallergenic which is good for her coat and the ingredients seem fine. I buy a 12kg bag for 55 euro which will last me about 5 months so works out very cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Mine loves the Real Nature nuts. I usually mix them with pedigree chum small bite nuts which she likes. Just a handful is enough for her on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thanks do you both buy locally or online or where is the best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I buy locally! There is a shop. In deans grange and another in dun drum that stock it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/nutro/adult/13446

i feed my two this. a 12kg bag last them around 10 weeks so its economical. did the raw for a while but it didnt agree with my female.

my female had terrible allergies which cleared up after i changed to this.

they are both in great health with lovely white coats. my vet even comments how great a shape they are in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement