Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod for a CZ455 .17

Options
  • 05-08-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Looking for a mod for a CZ455 .17 OR anyone know where to buy a good one.
    A Wildcat Whisper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

Cobs wrote: »
    Looking for a mod for a CZ455 .17 OR anyone know where to buy a good one.
    A Wildcat Whisper.
    hi cobs,most on here will say buy a sak,i have one,but am going to try get a dm8o.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

Hi Sniperman,
    I have heard about the Sak and the Wildcat's and to be honest I am not sure what to go for.
    What would be the best choice,I prefer to buy the best and be finished with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

If you want the best buy a LEI which is the smallest, shortest and has the best sound reduction. The problem is it costs 160euro. The SAK is what most go for on a .22 or .17 at 60-70 its a hell of a lot cheaper and you'll barely notice the difference unless shooting side by side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

garv123 wrote: »
    The SAK is what most go for on a .22 or .17 at 60-70 its a hell of a lot cheaper and you'll barely notice the difference unless shooting side by side.
    Thank crunchy for that.

Bought one for the .17, as i did not want to fork out the €150+ for the LEI. Was going that route but read on a few places that the difference between the two is negligible.

I paid €50 for mine, brand new. That good, average or too much?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cass wrote: »
    Thank crunchy for that.

Bought one for the .17, as i did not want to fork out the €150+ for the LEI. Was going that route but read on a few places that the difference between the two is negligible.

I paid €50 for mine, brand new. That good, average or too much?

Cheapest ive seen around for a new one. Any I've seen were over 60.
    Their average reduction are below:
    SAK 26.9dB
    LEI 27.5dB

So I know 0.6dB is different at different noise levels but im sure its still not noticeable if you're not sitting between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

At any level it's not going to be something i think any person could differentiate between. However €100+ is. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Have A tec CMM4 Rimfire on my 455 HMR and relly like it. Had sako before and A tec perormes slightly better. Also easy to strip for cleaning, since 17 is real dirty round. Would definately recomend it. They around 90 euro. Also very light only 109 grams and thin, looks well on a rifle

Cobs wrote: »
    Hi Sniperman,
    I have heard about the Sak and the Wildcat's and to be honest I am not sure what to go for.
    What would be the best choice,I prefer to buy the best and be finished with it.
    hi cobs,from what i have read,they all seem to reduce the sound as far as it will go.some like sak,some like wildcat whisper,some like,well it goes on,for me i like the over barrel type,i like the way it looks on the gun,i wont mind the price to get what i want,and like you i just want get one and be done,im after a mod called a dm80,its over barrel,easy clean,and has good sound reduction,so im told,they rate them highly in uk,but it seems to be hard to get one here,my next choice would be the whisper,they can be got here in eire,its over barrel,easy clean,.17 specific,some rate them highly,not much change from €200,but for me money is not the issue,if i cant get the dm80,ill go whisper,it is about 2" shorter than a sak on the gun,i would not say any quieter,none of them are to the ear,but it looks cool,and has steel baffels,hope this helps you in your choice;)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Chalkie11

Just got a dm80 for my cz 45517 hmr!i originally had a sak mod on it,dm80 is way better in sound reduction a d looks aswell!

Chalkie11 wrote: »
    Just got a dm80 for my cz 45517 hmr!i originally had a sak mod on it,dm80 is way better in sound reduction a d looks aswell!
    hi lad,where/how did you get it,and any pics? and price?mate of mine is interested,thanks

• Advertisement

Hi i have pics of it o. My ipad but cant figure out how to put them up on this site!a friend of mine had 2 so was selling one!cost me 130 mint condition!

Hi i have pics of it o. My ipad but cant figure out how to put them up on this site!a friend of mine had 2 so was selling one!cost me 130 mint condition!
    thats a good bargain lad,heard they are very good,any idea where your mate got them,can they be bought here?

Nope can only be bought in england or up the north!

Nope can only be bought in england or up the north!
    ok, thanks.

No prob!

Advertisement