Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neon not working on switched spur

Options
  • 05-08-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

neon not working on switched spur - (Spent ages finding out what the switch was called)

Anyway I have one of these switches in my bedroom that is for the shower. The light doesn't work on the switch anymore. Should I have this looked at or can I just leave it.

Sorry maybe a stupid q but I know nothing about this and prefer to have all electrics in order.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Did you check the fuse in the spur?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I take it you mean the 45A DP Isolator switch for your shower has also an Neon? (Turns on the Shower) The neon can be replaced, It's not serious issue at all. But id get it fixed at some stage, you might forget to turn off the shower...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

Unless it's a fancy brand, they aren't too expensive to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Tuco88 wrote: »
    I take it you mean the 45A DP Isolator switch for your shower has also an Neon? (Turns on the Shower) The neon can be replaced, It's not serious issue at all. But id get it fixed at some stage, you might forget to turn off the shower...

Not all showers require a 45 amp type isolator. This one might, but we dont know without more details on type of shower, is it still working with neon off etc.

Advertisement