Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance

• 06-08-2013 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

can anyone recommend a health insurance package and do you know what price it would be.

i just kind of want dental/doctor visits covered and if ever had to go to hospital.

im from the ROI so dont have medicare

what would be the best thing that ye can suggest?

ive looked on bupa and hbf but im confused with all the options.

thanks,
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

I use Iselect once a year and find them very good to go through all your requirements. This year I am with health.com.au and they were about $20/month cheaper than HBF etc. but covered me for everything I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrishDownUnder

We use Frank Health Insurance find them pretty good and you can pick what you need and don't need .

Remember if your over 30 you have to pay Lifetime Health Cover loading

But good news is you can clam some mpney back with Australian Government Private Health Insurance Rebate

If you don't have Private health cover you have to pay The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS) in your tax so for some people its a good idea to have Private Health Insurance as you can also clam some of it back in your tax .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

If you don't have Private health cover you have to pay The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS) in your tax so for some people its a good idea to have Private Health Insurance as you can also clam some of it back in your tax .

I'm assuming the OP does not have PR as he/she mentioned they were not entitled to medicare so the above will not apply. The OP is exempt from the MLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

digging up an old one here.

when I turned 30 a few years ago I got cover with Bupa and have been with them since. The reason for picking bupa was that they were operating in Ireland at the time and transferring our insurance history over was going to be easy(ier).

only realised recently that bupa are no longer operating at home so I will shop around when my policy expires in June.

we're looking at heading back in 2019'ish. anyone know any insurance provider that would make more sense over another, taking this into consideration?

Advertisement