Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re Business Mobile Phone deals

Options
  • 06-08-2013 9:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭

Guys, starting off in business is tough but the responses that I have been getting back to my queries have been helpful.

I have another. In taking on a sales person, not only will I need office space I forgot that he will need a mobile phone and a laptop to do his work! (especially if he is out on the road!) I don't want to be tied into a long-term business contract because if things don't turn out as planned, you are stuck with it, but I don't want to pay a good phone worth a few hundred and be stuck with that. Seems a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Has anybody had a similar situation. What would you advise? Do any of the companies have deals with all you can eat data for 6 month etc deals? Worse comes to worse I may need to give him my phone for a while. Cheers for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

from what i have been told the best time to buy a phone / contract is mid month when they are not sure if they will hit sales targets , get on the phone and ring the big compaines to see what they can do , at the min i am on metor @ 49 a month with all calls and texts + 5gb of data (but that is a 24 month contract)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

No the best time is at the end of the month when they either A) need sales to reach targets or B) have already reached their target and that is when the real money starts to kick in for each sale. I have worked for 3 and O2 in the past and used to do some great deals for people coming in later on in the month when targets had already been reached as the money was really good. I would often dip into my own pocket to give people a better deal or throw in things we had been given by reps etc but only in the last week when you can see exactly how much commission is going to be worth to you. I don't think the commission structures are as good as there once were but still a better time to get a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

pick up a second hand or a pay as you go phone and then go on a month to month sim only plan with three or emobile.

for about €50 a month all calls, all data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

sandin wrote: »
    pick up a second hand or a pay as you go phone and then go on a month to month sim only plan with three or emobile.

for about €50 a month all calls, all data

+1 on this! And make sure the laptop can tether to the phone http://blog.worksnug.com/2013/05/06/how-to-share-a-mobile-broadband-connection/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

Some good deals here at the moment with just a one month contract: http://www.blueface.ie/mobile.php

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

bceltic wrote: »
    Some good deals here at the moment with just a one month contract: http://www.blueface.ie/mobile.php

I'm guessing Blueface are an MVNO, any idea which network they're running on?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

Graham wrote: »
    I'm guessing Blueface are an MVNO, any idea which network they're running on?

Thanks

Three's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭herthabsc

Of all the plans I have looked at, emobile is easily the best. It helps if you are a eircom customer as well! Blueface seems good from the point of view that it is a month to month deal so it cuts out any problems if things suddenly start to be going south!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Why not get a Tesco Mobile Sim card on the (pretty much) unlimited plan for €30 a month and buy a phone. I'm with them and find them great, on the O2 network so guaranteed good coverage.

Tried meteor but their coverage was almost as bad as their customer service!! Tesco's customer service is some of the best I have ever come across.

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-pay-monthly-plans.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3's sim only business saver deal is the cheapest unlimited plan out there, €20pm + Vat for everything. You can tether and Irish tech support..

• Advertisement
Advertisement