Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found on apartment balcony in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could be anything right now, so best not to speculate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Story seems to have been removed from the RTE site.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Odd... TodayFM were reporting it too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Differing reports there have him in both his 20's and 30's. Sad news no matter what the cause. I used to live down there, has been a couple of deaths down that way that have made the news the last few years now.

Edit: Today FM just said late 30's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

I know he's been named on Facebook but not sure if it's been done officially so I won't give his name here but RIP, such a lovely, gentle guy

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

joni1 wrote: »
    I know he's been named on Facebook but not sure if it's been done officially so I won't give his name here but RIP, such a lovely, gentle guy

Ditto :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

The person has now been officially named and he was the well known Waterford person Damien Richards.
    Condolences and thoughts to his family and friends... RIP.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/body-found-on-balcony-of-city-flat-29479172.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

reni10 wrote: »
    The person has now been officially named and he was the well known Waterford person Damien Richards.
    Condolences and thoughts to his family and friends... RIP.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/body-found-on-balcony-of-city-flat-29479172.html

So sad... I knew him to see him because he was a friend of a friend, although he sort of stopped recognising me a while back when he'd be walking down around William St.

In his prime he was a very nice, funny lad. I remember him doing a great job of entertaining a couple of kids that were brought in to get their hair cut in his salon upstairs in George's Court. Indeed he was the one who cut my hair when it went from long to short. :(

RIP Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Seemed like a nice guy... Knew him around the time he opened the barbers across from the Grannary Cafe... Didn't last long unfortunately.

He seemed troubled in recent years.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

yeah it was damo, few of us had a few pints for him in his local..
    Ill put up details of his funeral when they become clear.
    Loved the man to bits.. he will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

0rt wrote: »
    yeah it was damo, few of us had a few pints for him in his local..
    Ill put up details of his funeral when they become clear.
    Loved the man to bits.. he will be missed.

Any funeral arrangements yet? No sign of them appearing on radio's website

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Removal from Tom Hennessy's Funeral Home, Johnstown, Waterford on Thursday evening at 6.30pm to The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Butlerstown. Requiem Mass on Friday at 12 noon. Burial afterwards in Ballylaneen Cemetery.

Source: http://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=202090/DamianRICHARDS/Waterford%20City/Waterford

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

was just about to post that :)

Advertisement