Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe savings

Options
  • 06-08-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

What options are available other than banking institutions for holding cash in Ireland? I understand that safety deposit boxes aren't really on offer here. Were one to opt out of the banking system, what would it take to take out large sums of cash without cheque or bank transfer? Would it really be a matter of being given an envelope full of cash and storing it under your mattress? I'm starting to think my old Granddad had the right idea - never had a bank account in his life. I understand it would still be necessary to retain an account for the benefits of the efficiencies of the modern world, but with low interest rates on savings, and a general distrust of banks, I'm starting to think Id be happier if my savings were held elsewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Sentinel Vaults in Dublin 4 offer various sized deposit boxes for a yearly fee. It might suit your needs.

Advertisement