Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Phishing

Options
  • 06-08-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm not a BoI customer but I've received an email saying that my account is closed. Obviously I know this is a fake email as I've never had an account with BoI. I tried to find an email address on your website to send on this email so you could log it for your actual customers & take notice but I couldn't find one at all.

Just thought I'd let you know there's another email out there. If you want me to send it on anywhere - just let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi witchgirl26

Thank you for your post.

In response to your query, Bank of Ireland does not send emails requesting customers to confirm any account or password information. We also do not send emails advising to fix your account by clicking on a resolution link.

Emails of this sort can be forwarded to our security team on 365security@boi.com.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attentation.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement