Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Strike Victims Carpooling Thread

Options
  • 06-08-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi guys!

As a regular on the 84x I know there's quite a few of us who rely on the 84/a,84,84x,184 in the mornings and evenings, so I thought I'd start a thread for anyone in dire need of a lift in the morning (like myself) and anyone willing to give their spare seats in the car to a desperate commuter. :)

Please be kind to us, I know I really need my paycheck at the end of the month, preferably unmolested by days off due to strike action.

If anyone can, I really need a lift from Kilcoole/Charlesland/Greystones to Stillorgan Rd (N11) near Newtown Park Avenue, arriving between 8.30 and 9am preferably but relatively flexible.

(I go home approx 5pm but am slightly less concerned about that.)

Thanks guys! Go forth and carpool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Clare2222

HELP! Hi Kindof on the same subject, does anyone know of any sites where you can ask for a lift to work please while the bus strike is on? I thought I had heard there were some but can't seem to find them on google. . I'm travelling from North Circular Road/Hanlons Corner area (or even phibsboro) to Glasnevin/Griffith avenue direction/not far from Met office area as a landmark. Any help is greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Brilliant idea of a thread, well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Clare2222 wrote: »
    HELP! Hi Kindof on the same subject, does anyone know of any sites where you can ask for a lift to work please while the bus strike is on? I thought I had heard there were some but can't seem to find them on google. . I'm travelling from North Circular Road/Hanlons Corner area (or even phibsboro) to Glasnevin/Griffith avenue direction/not far from Met office area as a landmark. Any help is greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23liftfairy&src=hash

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23dublincarshare&src=hash

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Avego was popular during the BE strike but it's not very good at the moment. Still very BETA.

Still hoping to find some good souls willing to help us out.

Without wanting to sound accusatory, there was a lot of lonely drivers in their cars on my travels this morning! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Looks like the strike is off!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement