Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin e still open?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    I was planning on having a night in Sin e this weekend but I'm not sure if it's still open. I know it reopened last year but can anyone tell me if it's still going strong?
    I've tried googling it but not joy...
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

According to this thread here its gone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056998521

which is a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 speedycow

Thanks for the reply. Tis a sad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I've been told that Cassidys on Westmoreland Street is the new Sin E, I've never been there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 speedycow

I had completely forgotten about that place! Lux23 you might just have saved the weekend!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yep, as I said in the other recent thread, Sin é has been closed for over a month now. The shutters are down every time I pass by. They had only recently painted the outside about a week or two before it closed so it must've been a sudden closure. Has anybody messaged their Facebook page for feedback from management, etc.?

• Advertisement

It was something to do with the landlord, that whole block is to be turned into a hotel, so I heard that they put the rent up to get them out of there.

Big banner across the front of Sin é now stating that the pub is reopening on the 20th Sep under new management.

Passenger wrote: »
    Big banner across the front of Sin é now stating that the pub is reopening on the 20th Sep under new management.

Great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Lux23 wrote: »
    Great news!

Is this going to be a yearly thing now?

The annual grand re-opening of Sin E.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

That's brilliant news!

is it still going to be Sin e and run by the previous staff or is it just that another group have come in and take over the premises?

• Advertisement

liffeylite wrote: »
    That's brilliant news!

is it still going to be Sin e and run by the previous staff or is it just that another group have come in and take over the premises?

Under new management, that's all I know - will go in for a nose on Friday and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Is this going to be a yearly thing now?

The annual grand re-opening of Sin E.

Will have to rename it Sin F, Sin G etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Did this actually reopen last night?

I was going to head over but the sign wasn't lit so we didn't make the trip down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Did this actually reopen last night?

I was going to head over but the sign wasn't lit so we didn't make the trip down to it.

Yeah I passed by.. Looked the same. Decent crowd in there

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dimal

I will pass by tonight and report back straight from there.

I'm in here atm and it hasn't changed apart from the selection of beers on tap. Gone are the craft brews and back are Guinness, Heineken, etc. The music seems to be more or less the same as before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dimal

Yes, it's open and full of people. The biggest change is that colour of front wall is white, not black as it was in the past.

The neon sign is gone from outside?

That's a shame.

Actually I was wrong. The neon sign is still there, it was just covered by the reopening banner that they put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

I'm in here atm and it hasn't changed apart from the selection of beers on tap. Gone are the craft brews and back are Guinness, Heineken, etc. The music seems to be more or less the same as before too.

no craft beers at all ? what are waste :(

• Advertisement

limitedIQ wrote: »

Aye, was hoping that the new management would keep at least some of the craft brews on draught.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

limitedIQ wrote: »

Guess the craft beers are too pricey for the cheapskate hipsters to afford :D

Caonima wrote: »
    Guess the craft beers are too pricey for the cheapskate hipsters to afford :D

The craft brews seemed to go down well enough in the past to be fair.

The craft brews seemed to go down well enough in the past to be fair.

Yeah, I know, I was jokin' :) I have no idea how much a craft beer in Dublin costs; I left the country almost 4 years ago. How much are they?

Caonima wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, I was jokin' :) I have no idea how much a craft beer in Dublin costs; I left the country almost 4 years ago. How much are they?

Usually around €5. ;)

Usually around €5. ;)

Not too bad, I guess. Pint of Bulmers at some places costs over that

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChrissySarah

I called in last weekend and it was packed, got talking to the manager and it's the same owners as The Botanic House and what was Karma up by Christ Church so I'd say it'll be around for good. They posted pictures of some of their beers on Facebook yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/Sin.E.Pub

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Looks good.

And the place is open until 3AM Fridays and sat so its a full on venue. had a feeling it would just open normal pub hours but could to know you can end up there for the night.

With Bigs bar, the Dice bar and the Voodoo lounge just along the river in Smithfield, that area is looking really good for late nights and bands.

Did anything ever happen with Fibbers rock bar? I know there was talk of someone opening it...

Looks good.

And the place is open until 3AM Fridays and sat so its a full on venue. had a feeling it would just open normal pub hours but could to know you can end up there for the night.

With Bigs bar, the Dice bar and the Voodoo lounge just along the river in Smithfield, that area is looking really good for late nights and bands.

Did anything ever happen with Fibbers rock bar? I know there was talk of someone opening it...

It was open for a little while in spring, but don't think it is at the moment. Sure Voodoo only opens at the weekend now, just not the business for it.

• Advertisement

Looks good. Did anything ever happen with Fibbers rock bar? I know there was talk of someone opening it...
    Lux23 wrote: »
    It was open for a little while in spring, but don't think it is at the moment. Sure Voodoo only opens at the weekend now, just not the business for it.

Nah, Fibbers is long gone. Venue's on the Quays area, from Ormond quay to Heuston Station just don't get the footfall and people won't walk to said venues as it is "too far away". Can't believe how many times I heard that old chestnut about Fibbers. FFS, it's a 5 minute walk from Temple Bar. In most decent sized European cities, people have to get a Metro from venue to venue but in Dublin a 5 minute walk from the city's main thoroughfare is "too out of the way". :mad:
    I called in last weekend and it was packed, got talking to the manager and it's the same owners as The Botanic House and what was Karma up by Christ Church so I'd say it'll be around for good. They posted pictures of some of their beers on Facebook yesterday.

They have had some decent cover bands in there the past few Saturday nights too. And it's nice to see them getting in some decent craft brews again. Might give the Franciscan Well Rebel Red a go next time I'm in.

Advertisement