Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin e still open?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They were open in April/May, might have been just to hang on to the licence or something.

I know from my boyfriend's experience of running a bar on Ellis Quay, that it can be tricky to get people to make their way down the quays but there are lots of potential customers on your doorstop. It's working for him so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I called in last weekend and it was packed, got talking to the manager and it's the same owners as The Botanic House and what was Karma up by Christ Church so I'd say it'll be around for good. They posted pictures of some of their beers on Facebook yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/Sin.E.Pub

If you want you are saying is correct. Its being run by a company that has no shortage of money and runs a lot more pubs than those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Passenger wrote: »
    Nah, Fibbers is long gone. Venue's on the Quays area, from Ormond quay to Heuston Station just don't get the footfall and people won't walk to said venues as it is "too far away". Can't believe how many times I heard that old chestnut about Fibbers. FFS, it's a 5 minute walk from Temple Bar. In most decent sized European cities, people have to get a Metro from venue to venue but in Dublin a 5 minute walk from the city's main thoroughfare is "too out of the way". :mad:

They have had some decent cover bands in there the past few Saturday nights too. And it's nice to see them getting in some decent craft brews again. Might give the Franciscan Well Rebel Red a go next time I'm in.

I see what you are saying here but I guess a gradual change in attitude can occur as long as there are a cluster of places for people to go to.

It partially relies on the council charging low enough rent to make new businesses sustainable. And if that happens, Smithfield could very easily be absorbed into what was the city centre- evolving a new larger centre for the city.

I personally think the revamp of the fruit and veg market in Smithfield could have major positives for the area.

I will never understand why they don't hold a permanent weekend market in Smithfield square. its perfect for it and Dublin doesn't really have a large open air market. the tourists alone would support it, if it were consistent and of good quality.

CHQ will no doubt offer this in the near future under its new management. But Smithfield is perfect for it and the businesses around it would flourish under its care.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Lux23 wrote: »
    It was open for a little while in spring, but don't think it is at the moment. Sure Voodoo only opens at the weekend now, just not the business for it.

Voodoo lounge was open tonight with 5 bands playing! its not just a Friday and Saturday night place.

Best of luck of course to your boyfriends bar. Hopefully the 2 can feed off each other. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

liffeylite wrote: »
    Voodoo lounge was open tonight with 5 bands playing! its not just a Friday and Saturday night place.

Best of luck of course to your boyfriends bar. Hopefully the 2 can feed off each other. :)

Yea, they are a good feeder venue for us.

Actually do you know if the cafe opens anymore? Wanted to try it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement