Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creches in Waterford

Options
  • 06-08-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I know this has been asked before but looking for some up to date info/opinions. We're just starting to look at a few now and some that have been recommended are Waterford Childcare Centre, Jigsaw and Little Darlings. Does anyone have any feedback on these creches please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Waterford Childcare Centre is amazing, youngest lad started today in actual fact but neighbour has child there. Majella up there is lovely, I am very impressed.

Prior to this he was in St Josephs but we left cos they were inflexible with hours.

Jigsaw is quite expensive and don't know about Little Darlings.

I would be very surprised if you beat WCC because that is partially government funded - i'd be more concerned about seeing can you get the child in (there is demand there)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

I can only recommend the Little Darlings. The staff there are all very nice and friendly and they look after the kids really well. For example if they feel cold and your child is missing a coat they give them a spare one. The owner is really nice and friendly and she's able to tailor the child's hours to your requirements. Plus the owner's mom cooks for them all day round and they give the kids really healthy snacks. My kid loves the creche from the day one, she's been excited to go there every day from the day one. What I really like is that they brush their teeth after lunch :D
    I've had a really bad experience with the Waterford Childcare Centre and wouln't go near them plus they are quite far out there. I can't comment on Jigsaw but you get much better value for just the same money at the Little Darlings. PM me if you want more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

The only creches I've dealt with on a regular basis are Jigsaw and Kids Inc in Templars Hall and have found the staff to be lovely and very child focused and welcoming.

I'd know the staff longer in Jigsaw and the ones I know have been there for years so wouldn't have a high turnover of staff which would be an important factor when looking for childcare.

I'd recommend visiting a number of creches and get a feel for each one and then call back to the creches that best meet your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kspecial

Thanks for the replies guys, it's so hard to decide. I've been to see them and really want to go back again for a second viewing. Would this be ok or would they think I'm an OTT mother?!

Heart will be broken sending him in but I think it will do him good to mix with other children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

They should be welcoming and I'd be very wary of any creche that wouldn't be welcoming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement