Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture Shops

Options
  • 06-08-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Moving soon to Union Quay, and will need some furnishing (foot rest/pouffe, cabinets, coat hangers...)

Any cheap place nearby to buy them? Something like the couple places in Shandon Street and near the courthouse.

Also, the nearest every-day supermarket? Dunnes, Spar...? Or do I have to go all the way downtown to the big Dunnes in Merchant's Quay?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

InsaneChef wrote: »
    Moving soon to Union Quay, and will need some furnishing (foot rest/pouffe, cabinets, coat hangers...)

Any cheap place nearby to buy them? Something like the couple places in Shandon Street and near the courthouse.

Also, the nearest every-day supermarket? Dunnes, Spar...? Or do I have to go all the way downtown to the big Dunnes in Merchant's Quay?

Thanks

Not sure about furniture though there used to be a second hand place on George's Quay that did that kid of stuff.

Shops - there's a Daybreak around the corner on Anglesea street - apart from that SuperValu and M&S in Merchant's Quay - Dunnes on Patrick Street; Tesco on Paul Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InsaneChef

Ok, Guess I'll have to go to the big Dunnes.

Thanks for your help, I'll check the one in George's tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

There is a great 2nd hand place on centre park road they deliver too..And I know they have foot stools got one for €5 me thinks there and tis still going..

Walking distance I suppose the nearest would be all the ones in town alrite.. you could bus it to Mahon and go to supervalue

Happen to know where in centre park road? It's a kinda long street. Or maybe the name or color of the shop?

Your not half demanding? Only messing yep, tis if you go in the main entrance of Centre Park Business park and take the first right, tis right nextdoor to bubble brothers if you know them

• Advertisement

sure would you lookit they have a website http://www.cjmfurniture.ie/

the chap normally there is colin nice fella don't forget to bargin

Perfect, thanks a lot Milly!

not a tottle hope you find something there, tis worth it too for things like lamps I think I got two great ones again for 5 with shades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

The nearest Spar kinda place is the Daybreak, as mentioned, which is literally around the corner.

The nearest supermarket is Super Valu in Merchants Quay - it's five minutes' walk from Union Quay; what's this "all the way downtown" about? The Dunnes in Merchants Quay doesn't have a supermarket; the nearest Dunnes supermarket is Patrick Street, but the Super Valu in Merchants Quay is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I used to live on Patricks Hill and found the only supermarket that *you'd have a good chance of getting everything on your list at a reasonable price was the Tesco on Paul st.

*looking at you, Super Valu Merchants Quay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Cancer Society shop on the Coal Quay has good stuff from time to time too. I got a great couch there.

Advertisement