Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Tent recommendation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Of those 2 definitely the Gelert. Regatta tents are pretty crap. If it's just for the likes of festivals the Rocky would do you for less money: http://charlescamping.ie/store/index.php/tents/dome-tents/gelert-rocky-4.html - it's a grand tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Thanks for that, looks the job!

After last year my main concern was the condensation in the mornings, I assume all those pop up type tents would suffer from the same problem due to having just one layer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Pretty much. Two skin tents get condensation on the inside of the outer skin which keeps you dry inside. A fellow scout leader has the Rocky 2 for himself when on scout camp and it's grand - especially for the price. Gooutdoorireland has it as well for the same price. The 4 will have space for both of you + gear easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

Don't know where you're based, anyhow Tesco in Clonmel have a stack of the 4-man Gelert marked down to €65 at the moment.

I'm considering it for occasional nights with the kids, only issue I have with it is the water resistance only 1500 compared to 5000 on my good expedition tent. Not sure if it will make any difference unless in a sustained downpour. Also no mention of vents (condensation).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've got the Gelert Rocky 4, it's great for what you are after.

I paid about €40 for mine on Amazon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Just tought I'd update this.

I went down to charles camping and got the Rocky 4. It was perfect, light weight, easy to set up, lots of room and dry as a bone. Now I just gotta figure out how to get it all back in the bag, always the ahrdest part I find!

Thanks for the recommendation everyone

Advertisement