Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Not enough liquid?

• 06-08-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I think I asked something similar to this previously, but here goes. I made this over the weekend

http://www.rte.ie/ot/recipes/day-15-easy-indian-chicken-pilaf/

And it was easy and very tasty with a nice kick, but the 20min cooking time after adding the stock was way too long. I kept an eye on it, and after about 12mins, the rice had absorbed all the liquid, so I just served up. Nothing else was being cooked really at that point, so I figured it was ready when all the liquid was gone. The pan was covered for the duration except during stirring.

My only change was I added a bit more rice than stated, but only like 250gm instead of 200. So too much rice, not enough liquid, too high a heat (although it was at the lowest my gas hob will allow, I could have moved it to a back ring), uncovered/covered? A few place I could have potentially gone wrong.

Having said that, the result was as I say was tasty and hot and fully cooked, so maybe I'm just better at cooking than those OT guys :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As a rule I use a ratio of 2 parts water/stock to one part rice, so if you'd put the extra 50g of rice into a cup or ramekin first you'd have known how much extra stock to add.
    Still, if your rice was fully cooked after 12 mins it made no difference.

Advertisement