Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location Location

Options
  • 06-08-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

So I'm thinking of moving in the next few months (possibly early new year) to a place that will better suit my needs. Currently I'm renting and working in D18 which is perfect for the short 10 minute commute, but not so much for other reasons.

So, where (within say 30 mins drive) is nice enough but still close enough to D18 that it wouldn't cripple me in commuting costs. I don't mind the driving, but I did a long-distance commute before and it cost me a fortune in diesel/tolls and wear and tear. I'm originally from the north side of the city so know very little about the specific areas on this side of the Liffey beyond stereotypes like "Tallaght bad!" :p

Would be looking for a minimum 2-bed apartment/house in a settled, quiet area but that's not in the middle of nowhere either. Budget would be roughly €900/1000 monthly. As an example I've thought about the apartments up in Northwood in Santry.. M50 adjacent and I have a friend living up there who says it's nice enough and would be within budget, but I'd have no problem with somewhere as "far out" as Naas either, or Dunboyne/Ratoath on the Meath side.

Cheers!

Advertisement