Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip switch reset but still no power to socket

Options
  • 06-08-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

one of my trip switches tripped in main panel. This is for all kitchen plugs and gas boiler also in the kitchen. I think the fault was originally caused by the washing machine as after it tripped first time I could reset it no problem until I plugged back in washing machine. I also tried plugging the washing machine in upstairs via an extension lead and it tripped that circuit too but that reset no problem. So I assume the washing machine is the cause but how do I get it to resent when this washing machine is plugged out. I cannot get power to kitchen sockets. The switch has been tripped back on yet there is no power to the kitchen sockets. I tried turning if off fully and then resetting but while it comes back on no power come to any of the sockets. I have plugged out everything that is plugged in the kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Is there power in the other sockets in the house?
    If so then your RCD has not tripped..
    Turn off the Kitchen MCB and turn it back on as some MCB's need to be reset if they trip as you turn them on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hudson28

Other sockets in the house are fine. I have tried turning on and off several times the MCB for kitchen. Even leaving off for a while yesterday and still when I turn on there is no power in kitchen sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

unless the fault on the kitchen circuit caused the MCB to fail and is now faulty, but your best getting an electrician to check
    It could also be a loose connection in the board or at the first socket, it could be a number of things..
    Best getting an electrician to have a look for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hudson28

Thanks - was hoping to avoid calling a sparky as going on hols in a few days but I'd say I'm going to have to.

Advertisement