Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Freezing

Options
  • 06-08-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Im having a frustrating problem with windows 7, whenever I am running a large download, e.g. torrent or downloading large game in steam my system will lock up completely, no mouse or keyboard response, screen frozen, no HD light I have to reset to get the system going again. I have 2 HDs, an agility 3 120GB SSD and Hitachi 2tb, all the downloads are going to the hitachi drive. when doing regular downloads, playing games, web browsing the system will keep going without ever freezing

All the drivers are up-to-date, I have a 2 sata controllers on the motherboard, intel z77 and marvell 88SE9172, i have moved the hitachi onto the marvell port but it still locks up, I am going to try moving both HDs onto the marvell ports and see if there is any difference. But can anyone shed some light on why this may be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

The OS is on the SSD? Have you looked into a firmware update for the SSD?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Yes OS is on the SSD, checked for firmware, it has the latest version available.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

I changed both hard drives over to the marvell ports and haven't had an issue since, there must be something wrong with the intel ports on the motherboard when it comes to large file transfer, or some conflict between my ssd and the intel chipset, hard to know. I'm certainly not going to mess around with it now that its working properly

Advertisement