Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting place

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, i'm involved in a charity organisation and need a free meeting place for Wednesday week with good wifi and quietish. can be restaurant café or any venue. all recommendations welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Maybe Webworkhouse on Winthrop Street (next to Brown Thomas).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Maybe Webworkhouse on Winthrop Street (next to Brown Thomas).

It's hard enough to get a seat there in the evenings, IME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Seems the kinda place people go to for meetings, interviews etc though - might be quieter during the day.

Roasted on Wellington Road might be quieter as it's not as central, but still close to the centre of town. Has wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Sometimes the Duchess Room in the Imperial is open (not sure about wifi though), The couches in the lobby of the Metropole (not at the front but around the corner after you go in). The Bookshelf Cafe on the South Mall (near the Imperial).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

How many in the group (roughly)?

I use the Web Workhouse for my language classes, but some evenings it can even be impossible to get a table for 2. On those evenings, I try somewhere like Cafe Bar Deli, it can be relatively quiet in there; they do seem to close earlier than other restaurants (about 9?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

what actually goes on in this webworks building. Have seen people say you can do printing there, browse the net, and no hold meetings.. whats the story :)

Milly33 wrote: »
    what actually goes on in this webworks building. Have seen people say you can do printing there, browse the net, and no hold meetings.. whats the story :)

There's a cafe area at the front which is mostly used for meetings, classes etc. People will buy one coffee and stay for an hour or two. In the back is a big internet cafe. Because it's one of the few places that let's people come in and use the space like that (and it's open 24 hours I think?) it's almost always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ohhhhh ah i see tis near BT i keep thinking of the place by city hall. but ohhh still must call in for a scone one day

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh ah i see tis near BT i keep thinking of the place by city hall. but ohhh still must call in for a scone one day

Ah yeah, that's the Webworks. Think it's basically an Enterprise Ireland office facility, probably ideally suited for small web start-ups given the size of the offices spaces available. I don't know if they make any meeting areas accessible to non-tenants.

Advertisement