Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to connect a plug in but I need a PIN code. Where do I find this on F1000 rout

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

As above!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What asks you for the pin code, and are you talking about a plug for the wall, or an ethernet cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jose1 wrote: »
    As above!
    Hi josevalentino

This should be located on the bottom under end of your modem. I fyou are having issues locating this you can also obtain your code from eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260 option 0.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

the_syco wrote: »
    What asks you for the pin code, and are you talking about a plug for the wall, or an ethernet cable?
    Yeah, it's for a plug. I was trying to secure it, but it seems I need a pin code to proceed. I have looked at the back and bottom of the router but there is no pin code there. Looks like I'm snookered!

Yeah, it's for a plug. I was trying to secure it, but it seems I need a pin code to proceed. I have looked at the back and bottom of the router but there is no pin code there. Looks like I'm snookered!
    Hi Jose1

Have you tried contacting eircom broadband technical support for advice on this yet?

Al

Hi Jose1

Have you tried contacting eircom broadband technical support for advice on this yet?

Al
    Yeah, just done that but it seems there isn't a pin code on this new router. Strangely, my old Belkin router does in fact have an 8 didgit pin code on the back!

• Advertisement

Yeah, just done that but it seems there isn't a pin code on this new router. Strangely, my old Belkin router does in fact have an 8 didgit pin code on the back!
    OK Jose1

I'm unable to offer more advice to this but I hope this gets resolved for you shortly

Thanks

Al

So you connect a plug to power the device, and it asks for a pin? How odd. Can you please give the exact message that it gives you please?

Have a look at http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/zyxel/eircom_F1000.pdf and tell us what it calls the pin code.

I'm thinking you may have locked down the MAC Filter?

Click Security, and then select MAC Filter, and let us know if that fixes it for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Wow that's comprehensive

the_syco wrote: »
    So you connect a plug to power the device, and it asks for a pin? How odd. Can you please give the exact message that it gives you please?
    Sorry, I may not have explained myself properly. The 'Plug' in question is a TP Link Wireless Powerline Extender. More commonly known as 'Plugs'.

There are two 'Plugs' in this particular set. I have connected one directly to my router and in turn plugged it into a nearby electrical socket. The second 'Plug' is plugged into another electrical socket, in a low wifi area of the house and paired to the other 'Plug'. Somehow, they transfer data via electric wires, don't know how but it works, but it does!

My problem is, when I tried to secure this system it asked me for a Pin Code, which is an eight digit number usually located on the back or bottom of the router, in this case a new Eircom F1000 EFibre unit, but it isn't there. However, when I checked my old router, Belkin, sure enough the Pin Code was there.

I called Eircom but to no avail! So right now I have a working system that I can't make secure because of this Pin Code issue. I tried eight zero's, eight ones, eight two's and so on but it wouldn't accept those. Basically, because of this problem I can't get past the first page of the set up.  Hope this makes it a little clearer?

Help!

• Advertisement

Those range extenders should have nothing to do with the router. What exactly does it ask for? What model/make are they? A different forum may be more appropriate, unless you bought them from eircom?

Sorry, I may not have explained myself properly. The 'Plug' in question is a TP Link Wireless Powerline Extender. More commonly known as 'Plugs'.
    For future reference, they're called homeplugs and don't have much to do with the router.

Please give the make and model of the homeplugs. With the Devolo homeplugs (I have these), you set up software on your machine to connect the two plugs, with the information stored on the homeplug that is connected to your router. For the Devolo information, such as the username and password that they need to connect to each other, are on the plugs side where the 3 metal prongs are that connect into the socket.

Are you trying to join to the wireless network via WPS? Is the device you are trying to connect asking for a pin from the router? This is the only thing I can think of that would require something called a pin.

If that is the case, the router in question in this case is in fact one of the powerline extenders. You need to use the user guide and software that came with the plugs to access the configuration page, go to the WPS section, generate a new pin to be safe (never use the default values) and use some combination of pressing the WPS button and entering the pin in your wireless device to connect to the wireless network. I think the default value with tp link is something like 12345678, but best to change it if you can.

User guide for similar wireless powerline adapters is here, have a look at the section on WPS and connecting devices.

Not really getting anywhere with this, thanks anyway!

Not really getting anywhere with this, thanks anyway!
    Can you outline exactly what you're trying to do with what equipment?

Advertisement