Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash Clubs

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just looking for a bit of advice-

are there many squash clubs in Waterford? Is membership a seasonal thing? Is it expensive to take up etc?

Basically all I know about squash in Waterford is that I used to enjoy playing in the courts in DLS for PE and that there is (was?) a red brick building with 'squash' on the side of it just down from Barrack St. Also, I'm pretty sure Alfie Hale's sell racquets so will ask them next time I'm in town, but any and all info is appreciated!

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hi all,

just looking for a bit of advice-

are there many squash clubs in Waterford? Is membership a seasonal thing? Is it expensive to take up etc?

Basically all I know about squash in Waterford is that I used to enjoy playing in the courts in DLS for PE and that there is (was?) a red brick building with 'squash' on the side of it just down from Barrack St. Also, I'm pretty sure Alfie Hale's sell racquets so will ask them next time I'm in town, but any and all info is appreciated!

TIA :)

You can play it in Downes from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 xirivella

madfcuker wrote: »
    You can play it in Downes from what I remember.

yep, Downes have two squash courts, its €8 for 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Downes, Celtic up at Norris's Corner and Dunhill are the ticket. Dunhill is a bit away so you'd need the car, good club though.
    The DLS past pupils centre near Barracks Street is shut with years.

Membership varies from club to club, sometimes its free, sometimes not.
    And of course you split the cost of the game between the two of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Downes is a rip off 8quid for 45mins :eek: to get a good workout at squash 2 hrs is the norm thats what myself and a friend usually play for.

Advertisement