Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accouning A1 help

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi I'm going into 6th year and for all of fifth year I got A1's and I'm aiming to get an A1 in leaving cert. I do higher level and was just wondering does anybody hae any advice and tips please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Focus on question 1 anyway as it is much easier than 2, 3, & 4.
    Practice makes perfect in this subject. Do as many exam papers as possible even if it kills you.
    Don't forget theory, but you could leave that until May anyway, it could be the difference between an A2 and an A1.
    If you are going to focus on ratios then examination.ie is great as it shows you everything they are looking for.
    A great subject IMO :p

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Louiseh714 wrote: »
    Hi I'm going into 6th year and for all of fifth year I got A1's and I'm aiming to get an A1 in leaving cert. I do higher level and was just wondering does anybody hae any advice and tips please :)

EXAM PAPERS! keep practicing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I wouldn't say to definitely answer the Q1, we always did Qs 2,3,4, our while class just found them easier to do and easier to save up some much needed time on. By the exams I had tye depreciation and contol questions down to a tee and could save maybe 10 minutes if both came up. Each to their own though so try both and see which you prefer.

Yeah practics exam questions over and over until you have all the adjustments down perfectly. Make sure to correct them with the solutions and figure out where you went wrong. Ask if you're confused about any of the figures. Have a good look at the theory questions too because they tend to repeat in some shapw or form because there really isn't a huge amount of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

It's just keep practicing. Also, Start learning the theory now!!! Get question 5 learned off as it's one to bank on!
    Accounting is great but don't fall into the trap of predicting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

It really is a case of practice as much as possible.

There is a great new book out this year that is excellent. Makes all the adjustments very easy to follow:
    http://www.educate.ie/view-book.php?id=138

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

teach88 wrote: »
    It really is a case of practice as much as possible.

There is a great new book out this year that is excellent. Makes all the adjustments very easy to follow:
    http://www.educate.ie/view-book.php?id=138

How did the students fair this year? :) many As?
    was the section 3 marked easily? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Make sure you practice and know all the previous exam papers off by heart.

Do not depend on predictions and cover all the course as you never know what they can throw up in a particular year.

Cover the theory! This can be worth between 12-15% of the exam paper so its a most for a student looking for the A1.

I would cover the interpretation of accounts Q5 but try to avoid it on the day if i could as examiners can mark you down very quickly here when you have to write up the advice part in part b of the question. It is also important if you pick this question to get full marks in the part A or else I really wouldn't bother

Read the questions and percentages very carefully on the day. Do not use the percentages which have always been on past papers for certain questions.

For management accounting cover both costing and budgeting. This will give you choice if they put something new into these questions.

Advertisement