Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating Max Demand from a monthly Electrical

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

How would i calculate the following from a monthly Electrical ;

* Maximum demad (kW)
    * Maximum Demand Charge (€)

Maybe you can show me through an example calculation ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi thedecky,

This rate just applies between November and February (incl.) and it is €0.0940 per KW. There is no such charge from March to October.

Do let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thedecky

Thanks Una,

How do i get the max demand charge ? Do i multiply the 0.0940 by a figure (€ ) in which Electric Ireland charge per month ?

Regards,
    Decky

Hi again Decky,

Thanks for your patience - I wished to secure further clarification for you from our Business department.

To calculate the max. demand charge, multiply that rate of 0.0940 by the KW (also known as KVA) and then multiply the resultant figure by the amount of days the bill is for.

During the winter months (November to February inclusive) the minimum charge that will appear on the bill is 30KW. The max. demand charge is monitored between the hours of 17:00-19:00 Monday to Friday. If a customer exceeds the KW being supplied to their property, they are then charged for every additional KW.

All the best,
    Una

Hi Una,

I also have a Max import capacity value of 15 kVA, how can i work out the  import capacity charge (€) ?

Hi again Decky,

To calculate the Maximum Import Capacity (MIC) charge, multiply the KW (or KVA) by 0.0824 and then multiply the resultant figure by the amount of days on the bill.

All the best,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi again Decky,

To calculate the Maximum Import Capacity (MIC) charge, multiply the KW (or KVA) by 0.0824 and then multiply the resultant figure by the amount of days on the bill.

All the best,
    Una
    Thank you for your help.

Advertisement