Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best food for pugalier

• 06-08-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was looking for some advise as regards the best food for my 3 month old pug/king charles cross puppy! Hes on burns puppy mini at the moment and is eating it but doesnt seem to be agreeing with him!

Can anyone recommend any other good foods for him?

Thanks,
    Aoife

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

There are heaps of threads on here about good feeding options for your dog.
    Why do you feel that the current feed is not agreeing with him? Symptoms???
    If you change any feed, its important not to do it in one sweep, but to wean him off what he is currently on, and build up to the new food gradually.
    If he is having some sort of problem with the current feed, are you sure that its the feed and not an underlying health issue?
    I would try him on some boiled chicken/rice - just put a bit of chicken, and a half cup of rice into some water and boil til rice is tender - and try him on that, if you suspect a tummy/bowel problem, but more info on why you think 'not agreeing' would be better ... at that age, I would be concerned with any problems gastric/bowel - a visit to your vet might be in order?

Advertisement