Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osprey or Keadeen for Family Gym/Pool

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I've been looking at possibly taking out a family membership in a local leisure centre. Parents need to get fit and we want to get the kids into swimming. We live in Kildare Town.

I've only done a quick search online but the Keadeen and Osprey both seem to have nice facilities. (I'm open to other suggestions).

Has anyone got opinions on which would be best for a family with two young children (5 and 3)? We're trying to find the right combination of a gym with nice equipment to get the grown-ups in shape and a family friendly pool that that we can bring the kids to. The kids aren't swimming yet but we plan to organise lessons for them from next month. Most gyms these days have good equipment, so I suppose the key factor is which has the most family friendly swimming facilities.

Any help with the decision would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Hi, why not check out the K Leisure facility in Naas? One of its best assets is the family changing rooms very handy if you have younger children or if say dad is bringing daughter or mum the son. We are members in nrg in Newbridge who don't have family changing rooms so when dad brings our little girl they have to change in the wheelchair bathroom (not what this room is designed for).
    Only minus i found with k leisure is I always found the pool cold!
    Another local one would be The Gables but again no family changing rooms but pool is warmer!
    Have not been to Osprey or Keaden gym sorry! Can you ring and ask to have a look around or a trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hewlett

froggie76 wrote: »
    Hi, why not check out the K Leisure facility in Naas? One of its best assets is the family changing rooms very handy if you have younger children or if say dad is bringing daughter or mum the son. We are members in nrg in Newbridge who don't have family changing rooms so when dad brings our little girl they have to change in the wheelchair bathroom (not what this room is designed for).
    Another local one would be The Gables but again no family changing rooms but pool is warmer!
    Have not been to Osprey or Keaden gym sorry! Can you ring and ask to have a look around or a trial?

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll definitely want to have a look around before we commit to anywhere but it's always good to go armed with first hand experience from other users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi, why not check out the K Leisure facility in Naas?

I'd 100% recommend K Leisure in Naas - myself, my wife and two kids (8 & 5) have been members there for the last 18 months. Pool is great with the kids (I never found it cold, but perhaps that's just me) and as froggie said the changing room set up is good for parents with kids. (But it can be a bit jammers when their are lessons on)

I really like the gym - while most gyms look good in photos - there can be big differences in the quality and maintenance of the equipment - I've always found it to be good in K Leisure. Also the assessments and classes are free for members - which is great for keeping you motivated and interested.

They certainly bring people around to see the place if they're interested - I had one back before we joined and I saw a couple being led around on Monday when I was in. They also have pay per use options, so if you wanted to do a that a few times to get a feel of the place before you commit....

Cheers,

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dots03

i also found the pool in Naas to be pretty cold the couple of times I visited, especially for our younger kids

The pool in Athy is the one we mostly head to with the kids. It's a little quieter than Naas and had good family changing rooms etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Just to note that the Osprey was put into receivership in 2011 I think. Not sure what current status is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement