Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone here hiked in montenegro?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

i'll be in montenegro for a few days in september and was thinking of taking in a days hiking, if i can find something suitable.
    has anyone hiked in montenegro before? if so, any advice would be greatly appreciated. i'm just starting to plan the holiday (having booked the flights last week), i'll be hiring a car so am flexible on location. thanks in advance :D

Comments

i'll be in montenegro for a few days in september and was thinking of taking in a days hiking, if i can find something suitable.
    has anyone hiked in montenegro before? if so, any advice would be greatly appreciated. i'm just starting to plan the holiday (having booked the flights last week), i'll be hiring a car so am flexible on location. thanks in advance :D

I've always found the cicerone guide books to be a good start in planning walking holidays abroad. they have a new one on Montenegro

http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/506/title/the-mountains-of-montenegro

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Spent a weekend in Zabjlak when I lived in Serbia. In the heart of the mountains of Durmitor National Park and close to Tara river for canyoning. This was 10 years ago so infrastructure was basic. No doubt it has improved since. Beautiful country. The coast and Kotor also worth visiting.

Advertisement