Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months with Eircom and still no service!

Options
  • 06-08-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Here are two posts I have recently made on Eircom's main forum. Eircom are ignoring these posts on their own forum so I figured I'd post them here..

Post 1:

Previously on my nightmare with Eircom:
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/An-absolute-disgrace-My-story-with-Eircom-broadband/td-p/37...
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/My-eFibre-Nightmare-continues/td-p/38746

Where do I even begin with this week's instalment? Had to ring the manager myself as there was no callback and was informed that there is now a problem at the exchange and there is no timetable for when it will be fixed.  That was that, he had nothing else to say to me.. After three months this is the resolution? I now have no internet service indefinitely!

Eircom have also taken money from my account today totalling 72.94! I have a PHONE LINE and this is what they charge me? I ONLY CALL EIRCOM!!  I've been assured that this will all be credited back to me over the next few bills. How am I supposed to believe this when I was told the money would not be charged in the first place?  I rang accounts over this last week and had the bill amended down to its proper amount (26 euro) but they still decided to take 72 euro for a phone line with a handful of charged calls. I spent an hour on the phone amending the bill because I knew if that came out I'd be nearly broke!

I also got an internet dongle sent out to me 3 weeks too late and it's about as much use as an anthrax flavoured lollipop. I'm getting a better connection tethering! And trust me, the tethering's a disaster! The dongle also had no password on the box and somehow I eventually found how to access the password from an Australian phone forum..

This all comes back to the 5th of May when the sales guy came to the door. I was sold a lie plain and simple. He assured me that I was good to go at the exchange and that my line had been tested. He even went so far as to show me that chart with my address and the precise results of the tests on my line!  When the technician was here he told me that even though the install failed I could still use my regular broadband, this was yet another lie. I also keep getting calls and a letter in the post today saying a tech will be out on the 9th of August, why do I keep getting promised this if it's just more rubbish?

I don't expect a rep to reply to this as my posts are being ignored at the minute. I have a sneaking suspicion that yesterdays conversation about cabinet faults is more nonsense and that Eircom are simply hoping that I'll give up and go away. I won't be doing that. I'm going to keep posting here and calling until I get a resolution to this matter.

Post 2:
    While I'm not surprised by Eircom ignoring my posts I must admit I'm a little disheartened. I have never encountered so much hassle with any internet provider before and certainly didn't expect this joining up with the biggest telecoms company in the country.

Today marks a full month without any internet service from Eircom. My lovely new fibre modem is a paperweight while my neighbours enjoy the new service. My wife was just on the phone and was told there are no orders attached to our account at all.. It's once again being 'escalated' and I was promised a callback within 48 hours. This has happened before (at least 15 times) so we'll wait and see. I just don't understand why Eircom are treating me like this and refusing to provide a service I signed up for three months ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Here are two posts I have recently made on Eircom's main forum. Eircom are ignoring these posts on their own forum so I figured I'd post them here..

Post 1:

Previously on my nightmare with Eircom:
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/An-absolute-disgrace-My-story-with-Eircom-broadband/td-p/37...
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/My-eFibre-Nightmare-continues/td-p/38746

Where do I even begin with this week's instalment? Had to ring the manager myself as there was no callback and was informed that there is now a problem at the exchange and there is no timetable for when it will be fixed.  That was that, he had nothing else to say to me.. After three months this is the resolution? I now have no internet service indefinitely!

Eircom have also taken money from my account today totalling 72.94! I have a PHONE LINE and this is what they charge me? I ONLY CALL EIRCOM!!  I've been assured that this will all be credited back to me over the next few bills. How am I supposed to believe this when I was told the money would not be charged in the first place?  I rang accounts over this last week and had the bill amended down to its proper amount (26 euro) but they still decided to take 72 euro for a phone line with a handful of charged calls. I spent an hour on the phone amending the bill because I knew if that came out I'd be nearly broke!

I also got an internet dongle sent out to me 3 weeks too late and it's about as much use as an anthrax flavoured lollipop. I'm getting a better connection tethering! And trust me, the tethering's a disaster! The dongle also had no password on the box and somehow I eventually found how to access the password from an Australian phone forum..

This all comes back to the 5th of May when the sales guy came to the door. I was sold a lie plain and simple. He assured me that I was good to go at the exchange and that my line had been tested. He even went so far as to show me that chart with my address and the precise results of the tests on my line!  When the technician was here he told me that even though the install failed I could still use my regular broadband, this was yet another lie. I also keep getting calls and a letter in the post today saying a tech will be out on the 9th of August, why do I keep getting promised this if it's just more rubbish?

I don't expect a rep to reply to this as my posts are being ignored at the minute. I have a sneaking suspicion that yesterdays conversation about cabinet faults is more nonsense and that Eircom are simply hoping that I'll give up and go away. I won't be doing that. I'm going to keep posting here and calling until I get a resolution to this matter.

Post 2:
    While I'm not surprised by Eircom ignoring my posts I must admit I'm a little disheartened. I have never encountered so much hassle with any internet provider before and certainly didn't expect this joining up with the biggest telecoms company in the country.

Today marks a full month without any internet service from Eircom. My lovely new fibre modem is a paperweight while my neighbours enjoy the new service. My wife was just on the phone and was told there are no orders attached to our account at all.. It's once again being 'escalated' and I was promised a callback within 48 hours. This has happened before (at least 15 times) so we'll wait and see. I just don't understand why Eircom are treating me like this and refusing to provide a service I signed up for three months ago.

Hi Jukebox Jim

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I shall look into this now and respond via eircom forum.

Al

Advertisement