Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A great little country.....

• 06-08-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Is'nt it just a great little country altogether..... for some
    We have truly lost the plot

From the Limerick Leader
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/limerick-man-who-went-on-holidays-has-legal-aid-restored-1-5345843
    LEGAL aid has been reinstated for a man who failed to turn up in court because he was on first holiday in seven years,

William Harty, 25, of Clonmacken Court, had his legal aid revoked by Limerick District Court Judge Eugene O’Kelly last month after he failed to appear in court because he was on holiday in Wales with his family.

Doubtless we are on "rent allowance" as well

I give up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah sure bless his cotton socks. It's needed now more than ever, he's obviously broke after the holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

He is entitled to a holiday regardless if he is on rent allowance or any other payment, although it is his own fault that he didn't show up for court, what an eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

The Sky wrote: »
    He is entitled to a holiday regardless if he is on rent allowance or any other payment, although it is his own fault that he didn't show up for court, what an eejit.

No one is entitled to a foreign holiday. I know many people feel entitled to lots of stuff nowadays. The taxpayer is paying for his legal aid he cant afford yet he has enough cash lying about he can go on holidays two days after he was granted it. He basically gave taxpayers the middle finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Sky wrote: »

I'm in full time employement, pay my taxes and if I need legal aid there's a good chance that I will not be granted it, tell me where can I claim for my foreign holiday that I'm entitled to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Holiday my arse, when travellers go to the UK its usually business, not pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How much is a house worth/renting for in Clonmacken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

The country lost the plot a long long time ago..Can't see why you're so bothered about his holiday. Do you get upset when our politicians go on junkets or is your anger only reserved for the average Joe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The country lost the plot a long long time ago..Can't see why you're so bothered about his holiday. Do you get upset when our politicians go on junkets or is your anger only reserved for the average Joe ?

To be fair, this guy is far from 'the average Joe'...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

washman3 wrote: »
    To be fair, this guy is far from 'the average Joe'...;)

I agree with you but contrast it to this,
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/anglo/taxpayer-footed-bill-for-anglo-tape-mans-college-fees-29474519.html

Need I say any more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm self employed and haven't had longer than 3 continuous days holidays in 5 years. Stuff like this makes me sick, I'm working hard and getting no reward for it. Joke's on me I suppose :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

2 wrongs don't make a right especially when the taxpayer foots every single wrong :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭manna452121

bigpink wrote: »
    How much is a house worth/renting for in Clonmacken?
    This family were living in Caherdavin Lawn but for some reason overnight they moved to Clomacken court.Some of these units where bought by the Limerick Corp.

Advertisement