Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xkeyscore in Ireland

Options
  • 06-08-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Given the revelations by whistleblower Edward Snowden, including a clear statement that servers included in the Xkeyscore NSA program were and possibly are still located in Ireland, are Eircom going to make a statement confirming or denying their involvement in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Anything, reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

The silence says it all ... :(

Hi Eircom... would you care to comment on either your complicity or lack thereof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gerryk wrote: »
    Hi Eircom... would you care to comment on either your complicity or lack thereof?
    Hi Gerry,

We have sent your query to the eircom press office. We will let you know when we get a response. We may not respond officially on this thread. However I will get back to you if we need your contact details.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Gerry,

We have sent your query to the eircom press office. We will let you know when we get a response. We may not respond officially on this thread. However I will get back to you if we need your contact details.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark.. it's been a while. Any news?
    FYI, my plan is to escalate this query to higher channels via the Data Protection Commission, Comreg and as many ministers as I can get to on contact.ie. Assuming no reply, which is my expectation, I will be pushing some pipe-hitting journos to get on this too.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi Gerry,

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark.. it's been a while. Any news?
    FYI, my plan is to escalate this query to higher channels via the Data Protection Commission, Comreg and as many ministers as I can get to on contact.ie. Assuming no reply, which is my expectation, I will be pushing some pipe-hitting journos to get on this too.
    Hi gerryk
    I imagine that would be the best avenue for such a subject, not sure about the "pipe-hitting journos" though.
    I have no information that can help on this, I'm afraid.
    Tony

Hi Tony, I was hoping for something a bit more definitive from Eircom.
    Thanks for your help
    / Gerry

Advertisement