Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TICK!!!@

• 06-08-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Okay so Ive just found a tick on my dog but In a bit eeww sooo.....is it okay to leave it until tomorrow when he is going to see the vet about something else anyways???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Okay so Ive just found a tick on my dog but In a bit eeww sooo.....is it okay to leave it until tomorrow when he is going to see the vet about something else anyways???

yes - my fella had one on him for almost 2 days - he woudnt let me near him to remove it so i had to wait to get him to the vet to remove it. he had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

yes - my fella had one on him for almost 2 days - he woudnt let me near him to remove it so i had to wait to get him to the vet to remove it. he had no problems.

Thank you very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I really wouldnt go leaving it on a dog tbh I'd try and remove it as soon as possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Also if it's full it might drop off in your house... you probably don't want to know what happens next :0

inocybe wrote: »
    Also if it's full it might drop off in your house... you probably don't want to know what happens next :0

What??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

this ?

Don't squeeze the tick - it will just throw up and spew possibly infected stuff into the wound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLhM6iKetg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

I really wouldnt go leaving it on a dog tbh I'd try and remove it as soon as possible..

its not ideal i agree but my dog simply wouldnt let me near it to remove it, we had to wait to get to a vet (it took a muzzle, two vet nurses and me holding/reassuring him to get it off) - he had no ill effects.

theres a bit of scaremongering going on here as well. if the dog has been treated for ticks - frontline etc chances are the tick will die anyway.

its not ideal i agree but my dog simply wouldnt let me near it to remove it, we had to wait to get to a vet (it took a muzzle, two vet nurses and me holding/reassuring him to get it off) - he had no ill effects.

theres a bit of scaremongering going on here as well. if the dog has been treated for ticks - frontline etc chances are the tick will die anyway.
    Took him to the vets today, they also initially thought it was a tick but couldnt get it off so will excise it tomorrow when he is in for another operation

Advertisement