Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 10 banned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

MugMugs wrote: »
    You should let all re reg's into ODF so :p

I stepped down as a moderator there. :p

Plus, I said get laid. Not try to get laid by boardsies. That's not what ODG is about, as well you know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

kaimera wrote: »
    he also managed to gain ops on the old irc channel, can't remember specifics

*cough* Seamus *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

D wrote: »
    *cough* Seamus *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ah, the League of Bastards is still going strong. What happens when a mod is demodded? See one of the old AH mods is not on the official League of Bastards, even though he would have site-banned a few.

Info on Bubbles; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054928494 FYI, the word "Bubbles" was once starred out in the same way "******" is starred out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

the_syco wrote: »
    What happens when a mod is demodded?
    There's a few names there that are no longer mods, some are closed accounts. :)
    even though he would have site-banned a few
    If they were only temp bans then the list reverts with the ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've only been perma-banned twice since 2003. They've never copped on to this account and I reckon I've had it too long for them to ban me for re-regging now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I've only been perma-banned twice since 2003. They've never copped on to this account and I reckon I've had it too long for them to ban me for re-regging now.

worms.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nobody ever wants to perma-ban accounts with clever names! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

In no particular order, and for various different reasons, the list of outstanding candidates over the years would have to include Pa Dee, Scanlas the 2nd, Irishh_Bob, D.R cowboy, OutlawPete, Bubbles, 0s, Mercury_Tilt, Chemical Burn.

Ahhh - not OutlawPete. He was a hero among men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭kksaints

Has there been any ex mods, cmods or admins that have been banned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There was an ex mod from Conspiracy Theories that lost his marbles and got banned.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There have been several ex-mods who have been sitebanned over the years. Not sure about any CMods or admins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Zaph wrote: »
    There have been several ex-mods who have been sitebanned over the years. Not sure about any CMods or admins.

There's one I can think of who may have been an SMod back in the day who had a temp site-ban.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There's one I can think of who may have been an SMod back in the day who had a temp site-ban.
    IIRC, that was self-imposed, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

And there was the infamous recording of his prank phone-call to another Boardsie, where he pretended to be a horny young lady...

Edit: more info here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63460932&postcount=33

I remember that, Jesus I laughed so much. Yer man thinking he was getting his leg over travels all the way into town from Maynooth.
    IIRC, that was self-imposed, though.

SMods.... jaysis I forgot we used to have those, gas how things change over the years

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Zaph wrote: »

Amp was a CMod. He's a special case though and employed interesting tactics to get banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Quaint Village

Records are made to be broken.

Records are made to be broken.

Like disco in Chicago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

JagerScout/Opinionatedfan/RuckInspector (and several more) is a serial rereg on the rugby forum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

JagerScout/Opinionatedfan/RuckInspector (and several more) is a serial rereg on the rugby forum

When you're in a greenhouse its often wise to drop the stones though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

P_1 wrote: »
    When you're in a greenhouse its often wise to drop the stones though ;)

I'm not sitebanned though! Nothing wrong with having a few closed accounts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm not sitebanned though! Nothing wrong with having a few closed accounts :P

An astute point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

5starpool wrote: »
    Amp was a CMod. He's a special case though and employed interesting tactics to get banned.

What did he do?

What did he do?

Grab some popcorn and a six-pack of cold ones: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055465233

It's a long and crazy adventure that started in Feedback, and then was thrown to the Nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Can I ask who Bubbles is? Now and again he or she comes up in a discussion like this.
    seamus wrote: »
    Then he went off to the pub while bubbles was on IRC bragging about how sad ecksor was sitting there banning his accounts. The irony lost on bubbles of course that he was the one sitting there watching a script run creating pointless accounts.
    kaimera wrote: »
    he also managed to gain ops on the old irc channel, can't remember specifics
    Logged on using the handle DeV and said "auth me" IIRC. Not rocket science but it did the trick.

Oh, the lulz.

The, ahem, Sleepy seamus Incident

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Will the boards wiki ever come back?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

harney wrote: »
    Wasted half the day browsing biki!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,386 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was sitebanned once upon a time. Those were the days man.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

Insect Overlord joins in 2006. serial rereg starts in 2006

hmmmmm

• Advertisement

Callipo wrote: »
    Insect Overlord joins in 2006. serial rereg starts in 2006

hmmmmm

I actually do have an alt account, but it's for use in one forum only. :) The mods of the forum know about it.

Unless, of course, Mr Hyde has been visiting again... >_>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement