Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 10 banned

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,386 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Callipo wrote: »
    Insect Overlord joins in 2006. serial rereg starts in 2006

hmmmmm
    hey I started in hey you know what nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

I never realised this thread would continue. You can get banned for the most ridiculous things, posting on an old thread over 1 month .A simple mistake but you get a ban .The impression is that anyone who gets a ban is just 'ruining it for everyone'. I feel like a newbie looking at the posts from the Mods over 26 K 18k against my measly few hundred.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

atkin wrote: »
    I never realised this thread would continue. You can get banned for the most ridiculous things, posting on an old thread over 1 month .A simple mistake but you get a ban .The impression is that anyone who gets a ban is just 'ruining it for everyone'. I feel like a newbie looking at the posts from the Mods over 26 K 18k against my measly few hundred.
    Whilst it's against the rules in some forums to post in old threads, I have never seen anyone get banned for it (except where it is being done repeatedly as a means to troll.)

Can you point to even one example of someone being banned just for posting in an old thread? I think most people are level-headed enough to realise that banning someone for just posting in an old thread would be ludicrous. This is particularly the case because most of the time, the person who does it doesn't realise it's an old thread because they got there from google.

Whilst it's against the rules in some forums to post in old threads, I have never seen anyone get banned for it (except where it is being done repeatedly as a means to troll.)

Can you point to even one example of someone being banned just for posting in an old thread? I think most people are level-headed enough to realise that banning someone for just posting in an old thread would be ludicrous. This is particularly the case because most of the time, the person who does it doesn't realise it's an old thread because they got there from google.

Sure I was banned and complained it was just a waste of time.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sure I was banned and complained it was just a waste of time.
    Is that the full story? I doubt it, somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is that the full story? I doubt it, somehow.

Is it ever?

Zaph wrote: »
    Is it ever?

are you a mod commander ?

are you a mod commander ?
    He is Lord Mod our saviour.

Zaph wrote: »
    As in most re-reg accounts opened by a single user that have been banned? If so, no, sorry, nothing like that exists.

Commander what about mods with private accounts who join Threads and if they not like a reply suddenly log in as mod and ban them ???

He is Lord Mod our saviour.

I write a prayer for him.Feel free to add or edit.

The Mods Prayer

Lord mod our savior and Shepard,protect us from ourselves
    Give us our daily ban to deliver us from evil bile
    Forgive us holy mod our mortal sin help us to troll no more
    Protect us from those who seek to bear ill will .
    Boards is your kingdom .
    The power and glory for ever and ever Amen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Forgive me Father because I have sinned
    I have trolllolloled many times in AH
    Qouted pictures in the funny picture thread
    Riled up the Christians about God not existing
    And told the Muslims that Mohammed was a child molester
    I posted links to my streaming services
    Registered many accounts with funny names
    And I flirted once too many times with Tar
    Oh Father in the cloud, can you forgive me just once more
    I promise if you let me back in I'll never troll again
    In the name of the Father, the holy cloud and your son, Dav
    Amen

Almighty Bob.

Amen Admin.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Commander what about mods with private accounts who join Threads and if they not like a reply suddenly log in as mod and ban them ???

Are you always this cryptic?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do you have an example of what you are referring to?

Have you ever thought it may be a normal user who could report a post and that prompts the mod to review it and act accordingly?

Nody wrote: »
    Forgive me Father because I have sinned
    I have trolllolloled many times in AH
    Qouted pictures in the funny picture thread
    Riled up the Christians about God not existing
    And told the Muslims that Mohammed was a child molester
    I posted links to my streaming services
    Registered many accounts with funny names
    And I flirted once too many times with Tar
    Oh Father in the cloud, can you forgive me just once more
    I promise if you let me back in I'll never troll again
    In the name of the Father, the holy cloud and your son, Dav
    Amen

Say 10 holie mods

Beasty wrote: »
    Do you have an example of what you are referring to?

Have you ever thought it may be a normal user who could report a post and that prompts the mod to review it and act accordingly?

The reason I ask where there is a will there is a way .Difficult to prove I do not have access to Administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Is it just me or has this thread taken a serious turn to the odd?

atkin, Mods, with the exception of a few don't have alias accounts that they use to chat and mod accounts that they use to ban. You've got the wrong impression of how this site functions.

Despite contrary belief, they're not just sitting there waiting for you to slip up to slap you with a ban. Explore the site a bit and you'll quickly learn that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yes, I think this thread has run it's course. What ever that was to begin with.

Kthxbye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement