Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blaser .243

Options
  • 06-08-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a Blaser R8 or R93 in .243. I've got prices for a new R8 but want or see if anyone has seen any secondhand in dealers or know of anyone getting rid of any.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭silverfox1

The Aussie wrote: »
    I'm looking for a Blaser R8 or R93 in .243. I've got prices for a new R8 but want or see if anyone has seen any secondhand in dealers or know of anyone getting rid of any.

Cheers.

McBride in athlone usually has a few blaser's but I'm not sure what cal.
    Might be worth giving him a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Cheers, will get onto him tomorrow, a search throws up this number 087 2696647 so will give him a bell.

Any other sighting about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Moved to main shooting forum.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Lakelands shooting centre have s/h R93 in timber stock. In a top nick. 1800euro. The only thing I cant remember if it was 243 or 6.5 You can give Niall a ring on 087 2746226

Ok, just an update, as an early 40th to myself i'm going for a new Blaser .243.

The difference between dealers is a eye opener in itself, to say it pays to shop around is one of the great understatements of our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Well done will you have her for the season.

Not the first half anyway :pac:

The Stags and Bucks need need a break around my ways, need to get the ratio down so was going to leave them off to do their job and hammer the Does, they are the ones the Farmers are cribbing about.

Ok, just an update, as an early 40th to myself i'm going for a new Blaser .243.

The difference between dealers is a eye opener in itself, to say it pays to shop around is one of the great understatements of our time.
    Tell me about it. I saved €975 by shopping around.
    My 4 month wait is almost up :D
    Where did you buy it?

silverfox1 wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I saved €975 by shopping around.
    My 4 month wait is almost up :D
    Where did you buy it?

Went through John Lambert, he was a weeks wages cheaper than the next cab off the rank, I won't insult anyone by saying what the next "champion" was sitting at.

Went for a Left Hand Professional Success, about 3 months wait but who is counting.

Same here. He's a gent to deal with.
    He was cheaper including the mount than the nearest price without the mount.
    Just goes to show the mark up some dealers are looking for.

• Advertisement

Yeh, sounds like a decent enough bloke on the phone alright.

What did you end up going for?

Stick up some pics when you get it, it might be a long 3 months but worth it I think.

Yeh, sounds like a decent enough bloke on the phone alright.

What did you end up going for?

Stick up some pics when you get it, it might be a long 3 months but worth it I think.

Will do.
    Went for standard pro version in 270.
    You'd be surprised how quick the few months pass. It's a lot of money but well worth saving for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

The difference between dealers is a eye opener in itself, to say it pays to shop around is one of the great understatements of our time.[/QUOTE]

Not to too far off thread but looking around tonight on line I saw a new cz rimfire for €529 And in another dealers site the price was €590 for second hand one

Some lads are still in Celtic tiger mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Have myself promised a new Blaser R8 .300wsm in a few years time.
    Fired one last year and did a one hole group @ 100yds.
    They are a fantastic piece of hardware.

Hope you get what you are looking for

Cheers. You and your mate down there are more than welcome to chuck some lead out of her when the .243 version turns up.

I will see how it goes and might get a 30-06 Fluted Barrel for it.

Cheers. You and your mate down there are more than welcome to chuck some lead out of her when the .243 version turns up.

I will see how it goes and might get a 30-06 Fluted Barrel for it.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results.php?fetch=Results&Filter[NewType][]=Rifle&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Straight%20Pull&Filter[Calibre][]=.243&perPage=30&sortField=Price&sortOrder=asc

If you cant find anything suitable in Ireland you could try this route. Its not that difficult to bring them in from there, They will ship through the north and then to a local dealer who is willing to handle the transaction.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Been shooting my 243-308 blaser Lrs2 rifles for over 10 trouble free years.

I stuck money down on a Lefthand .243 version of this with a factory thread a few weeks ago now and just on the count down now.

image_zpsab93f59e.jpg

I would have considered a .270 as its a very capable round, albeit a bit harder to contain the noise with a Mod

• Advertisement

Now that's a savage looking piece of kit

Sweet..

I'm jealous already :p

Jesus that is a lovely rifle. Best of luck with it, and show us a few pics when you get her..

+1 on the pics.

The one I ordered does not have the €15 worth of Leather, they were asking 100's extra for that :rolleyes:

It truly does fall into the bracket of a once in a lifetime rifle, so may as well use my 40th as an excuse, as good as any I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

The one I ordered does not have the €15 worth of Leather, they were asking 100's extra for that :rolleyes:

It truly does fall into the bracket of a once in a lifetime rifle, so may as well use my 40th as an excuse, as good as any I suppose.

Barsteward :-) i hit 40 nearly two years ago so can't justify that, will have to wait another 8 till I'm fifty :-)

Well wear, lovely rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭welsummer

Does it come with a factory fitted thread for a moderater

welsummer wrote: »
    Does it come with a factory fitted thread for a moderater

No, it is supposed to come standard on ones destined for the UK and US but for some reason it costs €100 extra here, in fact it was the only part of the pricing from different suppliers here that was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Absolutely stunning rifle. Fair play and enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement