Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Tablet

• 06-08-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which I bought 2 years ago for about 480euro, the screen broke a couple of days ago and the cheapest I can find to get it fixed is 130euro.

So, seeing as I'll be heading to college next year and will need a new laptop for that I thought I might as well just buy a new Tablet instead of fixing the screen on the laptop and that's where I need some help.

Max I'd be willing to spend is about 200euro, just want one with decent battery, easy enough to use, able to download apps etc. Looking for some suggestions or places to look etc.

**Also, is there anywhere I can sell my laptop and make a few bob off it instead of just letting it gather dust? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Buy a replacement screen from Ebay and fix it yourself. Depending on which model you have a new screen could be as little as €40. Plus they are ridiculously easy to replace - a handful of screws and an click in cable connector. I've fixed two toshibas this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Buy a replacement screen from Ebay and fix it yourself. Depending on which model you have a new screen could be as little as €40. Plus they are ridiculously easy to replace - a handful of screws and an click in cable connector. I've fixed two toshibas this way.

You could definitely get some money back on your laptop doing it that way, put a new screen in it and stick it on ebay - And you'll definetly get more for a working laptop than one that needs a screen.

In regards to tablets, i'm a big fan of the Nexus 7, i'm intending to get one closer to the end of the year (need to save up lol). It may be a little above your budget, but it's by far the best hardware to money ratio.

Advertisement