Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

im 19 (did ty) and the thought of repeating and being 20 leaving school scares me so much....

hope everyone gets what they want! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

With alot of people worried about maths hopefully the marking scheme reflected it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

keep-calm-sure-it-ll-be-grand-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

I hope ye all do brilliant, but then again I don't because I'm a FETAC student and I'm competing against ye for places through the CAO :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aaron_Joyce

Any opinions as to how they'll allocate marks for Mathematics Paper II (higher level), for example, will the S.E.C. increase the allocated marks for the infamous Q. 8, and other questions preceding it, given that some students spend additional time pondering over the erroneous question, and mightn't have had sufficient time to complete Q.9?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

If I get my results online only, do I still have the opportunity to appeal and view scripts? Since I won't have the documentation, I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

Any opinions as to how they'll allocate marks for Mathematics Paper II (higher level), for example, will the S.E.C. increase the allocated marks for the infamous Q. 8, and other questions preceding it, given that some students spend additional time pondering over the erroneous question, and mightn't have had sufficient time to complete Q.9?
    I sure hope so!!
    Only seems fair

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aaron_Joyce

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

AoifeAoife wrote: »
    If I get my results online only, do I still have the opportunity to appeal and view scripts? Since I won't have the documentation, I mean.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need to fill in the form that you get with your results at school in order to view scripts or appeal results! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I've been wanting this day to come quicker for so long.. Now I'm a bag of nerves waiting to get sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Woo results night tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Good luck to all of ye tomorrow guys, only did the leaving last year but it feels ages ago! Hope ye all get what ye want and if not its not the end of the world, there is much more to everyone than whats on the results sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

thought this would be far busier tonight. Good luck everyone i hope everyone comes home happy 2mro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

AoifeAoife wrote: »

You need to fill in the documentation but if you don't want to go into your school that morning you can always ring up and collect it later that day or on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Not sure whether to even bother attempting to sleep with my anxiety... but at the same time I need energy for going out.

I feel this is a loss/loss situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

inthezone wrote: »
    Not sure whether to even bother attempting to sleep with my anxiety... but at the same time I need energy for going out.

I have never met anyone who felt their Leaving was the point where it all went wrong.
    All the cliches are true, another few years and you won't remember what you got.

You will however always remember the night out so get your sleep!
    Good luck y'all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

inthezone wrote: »

I remember for mine I stayed up all night, got my results, went home and slept for a few hours before heading out. They had a meal and all which I missed because I was physically and emotionally wrecked :P So try and go to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Best of luck everyone!

Take it from me, the results aren't the be all and end all. Im starting a new degree in September, but I've been out of school since 2010. There's always options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenney

Anxious and jet lagged after a holiday. It's nearly 4am and i need to be up at 6:50 because the school wants me in early to take a photo for some reason. I'm going to be on ready to die in a few hours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

mariecxx wrote: »
    im 19 (did ty) and the thought of repeating and being 20 leaving school scares me so much....

hope everyone gets what they want! ;)

20 might seem old now but in a few years you'll be so glad you went back if that's what you have to do. But chill, you may not have to.

To everyone relax, you don't entirely know what you want to do or be in life so don't be too disappointed if you don't get what you think you'd like. Friend of mine cried for days over not getting PE teaching. Now has a high flying job in London, has a sports car yadda yadda. Said she's hate to be a teacher. All worked out for the best. And that's true of a lot of people I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Don't they generally release statements at around this time each year stating the general trends in results?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GreatAnswers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Don't they generally release statements at around this time each year stating the general trends in results?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0814/468007-leaving-cert-education/ Here's one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Attempted to go to bed at two in the morning but didn't feel tired and just listened to music all throughout the night until now. Just having a look at the journal.ie's exam statistics and I just know I'm going to be in that 9.4% that failed OL maths - not a question about it. GG.

http://www.thejournal.ie/leaving-certificate-results-2-1035352-Aug2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BubbleFoot

Time has nearly come. Good luck to all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I hope things go well for everyone today.
    If you think they haven't, please double check your points calculations, or get a friend or teacher to check them.

It really isn't the end of the world what happens today, but sometimes for some people at 17/18 it can seem like it is and that's something I hope everyone avoids.

Honestly, we want everyone back to post examples of the erudite wit every post on boards contains.

I really wish I didn't read those links. Thanks guys sitting here crying my eyes out. Anyway good luck i really hope things work out:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

N64 wrote: »
    Attempted to go to bed at two in the morning but didn't feel tired and just listened to music all throughout the night until now. Just having a look at the journal.ie's exam statistics and I just know I'm going to be in that 9.4% that failed OL maths - not a question about it. GG.

http://www.thejournal.ie/leaving-certificate-results-2-1035352-Aug2013/

I fear for my maths result aswell but say 30 k took ol paper only just over 2000 have failed at that rate

I fear for my maths result aswell but say 30 k took ol paper only just over 2000 have failed at that rate

and its probably the wasters in class that failed to be fair. I had a whole class of them. Thinking of going in soon, they said half 9 but last year people went in at 8 and got them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

You will however always remember the night out so get your sleep!
    Good luck y'all :)

But how much of the night will we actually remember :rolleyes:

Advertisement