Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I've seen this the last couple of years with business! people are really shocked with their result, its a trickier subject then people think! I got a B1 in business last year after getting a D2 in the mocks and then i got an A2 this year but i better have the amount of work i did for that :o
    you might go up a grade though if you get it checked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Thataone wrote: »
    Only thing I really wasn't impressed with was biology. Came out thinking I was headed for a decent B at the time yet got a C1. Granted it's not the world's worst but was a bit of a disappointment.

Completely agree. Thought I got the a1 got a c3... life sucks!!! Be back next year defo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

I totally sound like an Irish Mammy here, but my god, fair play to ye all. What fantastic results. Ye should be very proud of yourselves.

And don't be worrying about not getting some of your preferred courses, there is always a backdoor. I got into Social Work MA from doing an Arts degree. Lots of my friends got into Law and Primary School teaching through this route too. Where there's a will, there's a way. Have a great time tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

MissD93 wrote: »
    i am, still won't get the points for galway tough , you'll have to post me the chocolate and alcohol i was promised in the argh thread

How many points did you need?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,688 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Got 450. Lowest two courses are both 430 and highest two courses are both 460. Kinda stuck in the middle and dunno what to think about getting offers and whatnot now. Any advice?

well done,

do not stress yourself. theres no way of knowing at this stage what way the points are going to go, up or down. And even at that, theres always second and third round offers.

enjoy your success

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

I got an A1 in Business!

Not boasting or anything, just thought I'd join the conversation at hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

got 540, deffo didn't get my first choice of vetmed in UCD. Gutted. Really disappointed with Chem, business, economics and English. Science in UCD unless some miracle happens in the rechecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

How many points did you need?

340 for commerce i got 300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Might view the maths to see what happened with the dodgy question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

595 Points! Completely chuffed. I honestly did not expect anything over 540!!

Got A1s in Biology, French, Irish and Music. A2s in Physics and English. And B2 in Maths.

:)

• Advertisement

340 for commerce i got 300

Feel hard done by on anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

525, having a look at most of them. A2 in Maths, B1 in German and Irish, and all B2's (I think)...
    Was banking on an A1 in Irish, and at least a B1 in chemistry...

Feel hard done by on anything else?

yes biology maths and english i'm getting them all checked

So theres hope yet.

So theres hope yet.

a tiny little amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

delighted with my results put bit of effort in at start of yr then family stuff and personal issues from xmas on meant it was put on the back bone still managed to get great results passing all b,s and c,s. too who ever didn't get what they want I did mine this year at 31 for the first time over a year 15 yrs after I left school.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

yes i got an a2 in the mock and got a d1 today, i'm gonna get it checked

Same for me. I got an A2 in the mocks. I walked out of the door thinking I aced it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

yes i got an a2 in the mock and got a d1 today, i'm gonna get it checked

Same I came out with a C2 definitely getting it rechecked since I came out of the exam thinking I had an A in the bag. Has thrown me off points wise too.

Lads just remember those who have been destroyed by today.

http://www.thepotato.ie/2013/08/leaving-certificate-2013-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

Woo 575 ! so unexpected ! Actually couldn't believe it! I'm going to view some of them just out of interest <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

Got a B2 In religion in the mocks. Came out of the real exam saying A1 right there, that was perfection. Nearly agreed a bet with my Dad saying 100 euro i got an A1/A2. Got a B3. Stunned. The examiner is wrong there is no way round it. Got 440 points all together which is more than enough for my course and i am delighted but that exam is getting checked and so is the examiners mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Congratulations to everyone. I remember getting mine 3 years ago, opening the envelope and getting completely overwhelmed by all the numbers on the page. Luckily, ours were opened before we got them and added up for us. Got congratulated by my careers teacher before I had even opened the envelope :P

Have a good, safe night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I cant decide to repeat or go on and I need to decide by today. I knew I wouldnt be getting my aim of 500, but my LC went balls up and I was expecting 410, I got 460, I'm fairly upset at some of my results, and Im not sure if I want to study science in college. Biology was by far my best grade but Ill have to study Chemistry and Physics in my first year of college, and I agreed to move in with people Im not sure Iwant to live with, theyre close family friends and it would be so inappropriately rude to back out now. I got higher than what I was expecting and Ive definitely got my course, Im fairly meh about my points though, if i repeat I'll be aiming for 100 points more than what I got, my previous aim was achievable but things just went balls up, Im not happy with my English Business Art and Spanish results. And if I do repeat what if I decide I want to do Science after all, a waste of a year? I dont want to live at home any more, people get wound up to easily, someone suggested I move in with my aunt but I think that would be unfair and inappropriate. So Im stuck in a rut, I dont know what to do, Im very uneasy about going to college. I was considering repeating since the orals.

Any advice, anyone? To repeat or not to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I cant decide to repeat or go on and I need to decide by today. I knew I wouldnt be getting my aim of 500, but my LC went balls up and I was expecting 410, I got 460, I'm fairly upset at some of my results, and Im not sure if I want to study science in college. Biology was by far my best grade but Ill have to study Chemistry and Physics in my first year of college, and I agreed to move in with people Im not sure Iwant to live with, theyre close family friends and it would be so inappropriately rude to back out now. I got higher than what I was expecting and Ive definitely got my course, Im fairly meh about my points though, if i repeat I'll be aiming for 100 points more than what I got, my previous aim was achievable but things just went balls up, Im not happy with my English Business Art and Spanish results. And if I do repeat what if I decide I want to do Science after all, a waste of a year? I dont want to live at home any more, people get wound up to easily, someone suggested I move in with my aunt but I think that would be unfair and inappropriate. So Im stuck in a rut, I dont know what to do, Im very uneasy about going to college. I was considering repeating since the orals.

I have already decided to repeat. There's no way around it. You can settle or you can really find something you want to do and devote yourself to getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

oncex wrote: »
    I have already decided to repeat. There's no way around it. You can settle or you can really find something you want to do and devote yourself to getting it.

Well I dont know at the moment but what if Science is what I want to do, or Jesus forbid, I decide I want to do medicine next year, Ill never get the points for that and the only back door option is science :eek: What do you want to do

*Sigh* Why cant I make an affirmative decision on anything

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

605... Still cannot believe it..
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

490 for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

My principal suggested I repeat and aim for the 600 and to do veterinary. Now that the idea is there, I'm tempted :/
    I do have a place lined up in the UK for vet nursing and will get vet nurse in CAO either.

Really don't know at this stage though. It's tempting now but I don't know if I could face doing it all again but not getting the points come this time next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I would advise you to repeat! The year flew by but it will give you time to think! Honestly if you are not completely happy why settle for second best just so you don't have to do another year? I went up by 80 points and didn't kill myself with work you could definitely go up by 100 and then it would be worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I totally agree with aimzlc2 and would advise you if you are thinking about it to go ahead and repeat.
    I got 375 last year and was so disappointed. I knew what I wanted to do and I was determined to get it. Repeated and got 515 this year.
    Most of my exams didn't even go that well for me this year but that extra bit of work throughout the year seemed to have pulled me through!

If you are willing to put in the work I feel you will reap the rewards of repeating and get to do what you really want :)

Advertisement