Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

550. So much better than I thought I'd do but peed off that I didn't end up applying for the courses that I wanted but didn't think I'd get into. Didn't wanna disappoint myself by misisng out on a first choice - so word of warning, dont fall into the hole of self deprecation when filling out a cao! Tis grand though, 4 HL A1s, one A2 and two OL B3s. Somehow my A2 came from German. Shocking really since I'm fluent and managed to do better in physics than my second language. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

HugsiePie wrote: »
    snip

I left my reply in the OT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

is everyone whos disappointed going out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

oncex wrote: »

No, i'd be a good-mood hover! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

ynwa14 wrote: »
    550. So much better than I thought I'd do but peed off that I didn't end up applying for the courses that I wanted but didn't think I'd get into. Didn't wanna disappoint myself by misisng out on a first choice

when randy see's this hes goin to flip!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    when randy see's this hes goin to flip!!

Ah sure, still got enough points for Law so I can't really complain, just wish I hadnt let my careers teacher talk me outta trying for med or physio :P

Randy will kill them then

he will kill the lot of ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

No, i'd be a good-mood hover! :P

Are you repeating O.N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Are you repeating O.N

I am! :)
    It's the best option. Why take a course you're not happy with?! :D All it is is 30 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

Is it silly to get an A2 rechecked? I got 550, which is just enough for my course but I got an A2 in Biology when I was sure I got close to 100%... it would literally just be for my own satisfaction though since it was the only exam I thought that I actually deserved an A1; I don't actually need it. I'm thinking I should just leave it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Ah sure, still got enough points for Law so I can't really complain, just wish I hadnt let my careers teacher talk me outta trying for med or physio :P

WTF kind of guidance counseling is that!?That is BS of the highest order! There are 10 places on that list and if you don't qualify for one, they'll offer the next one on the list that you do qualify for. Worst case scenario, you'd get offered the same course as you would now, only it'd be your 6th or 7th choice on paper. I'd complain to the school. That teacher should not be allowed "help" students anymore, or should have the CAO system explained to them.

You could always take a year out and reapply next year if your points are high enough to warrant it.

Is it silly to get an A2 rechecked? I got 550, which is just enough for my course but I got an A2 in Biology when I was sure I got close to 100%... it would literally just be for my own satisfaction though since it was the only exam I thought that I actually deserved an A1; I don't actually need it. I'm thinking I should just leave it?

Go for it, at worst it MAY move down and youll be down 40 euro but does the satisfaction of an A1 trump that risk

It's the best option. Why take a course you're not happy with?! :D All it is is 30 weeks.

Yee guys seem to think we shpudnt settle that repeating is the best option, everyone around me is like Im sure you did great, just go :(

Oh my indecisiveness, screw you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

oncex wrote: »

the fact that I'm disappointed means I'm going out EARLIER :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

After a long year its finally over. Absolutly delighted with 585. A1's in chemisty and physics ad an A2 in maths after i walked out after paper 2 in tears thinking i failed.
    This really has made my year, bring on college :D

peekachoo wrote: »

and you called me an alcho :rolleyes:

not heading till 8 meself

Are you going to repeat or just go on may I ask, seeing as you re disappointed too?

Difference is shes short a few points.

Going out at 6 Dan :D

I was planning on repeating Hugsie but I've decided if my third choice doesn't go up points wise I'm gonna take it because its a general science course where I have a choice from 18 degrees in second year so I can get my neuroscience and microbiology that way! There's always backdoors! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

490, not happy at all. Should still be enough for my course, but i could and should have done so much better. absolutely gutted. But, what can ye do. Monday is the real fun.

Difference is shes short a few points.

drink an extra pint for every 5 points you were short of the course ya wanted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Ya I think ill ruin everyone elses night between crying and them not being able to talk about how they all got 500 points in case they upset me. Repeating too, that makes it sound way nicer. FOL's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm going to view all my exams anyways, even though I've no intention of appealing them. :rolleyes: Just for the craic like. :P

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    drink an extra pint for every 5 points you were short of the course ya wanted :pac:

more like take a shot for every ten points you did get
    :P

I was planning on repeating Hugsie but I've decided if my third choice doesn't go up points wise I'm gonna take it because its a general science course where I have a choice from 18 degrees in second year so I can get my neuroscience and microbiology that way! There's always backdoors! :)

What were you planning to do originally?

my sister did neuroscience in ucc!

more like take a shot for every ten points you did get
    :P

thats 40.5 shots for me:O

god help anyones liver who got like 600 points so haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Must ring my maths grind later and thank him :)

Im doing 3 cans for every 100 points and if its over 50 round up!

• Advertisement

That's what im looking at Dan, ucc! Last place I thought id end up :pac:

DRINK ALL THE SHOTS :D

I was originally hoping for biological and biomedical sciences in NUIM but tbh maynooth is awful awkward to get to from Tipp anyway. Science in UCC, the more I think about it was probably my best option to begin with, if I get offered it I'm taking it and if not I'm repeating :)

Advertisement