Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Feckin' hell, I got 580 and I'm over the moon! :D

A1's in Bio and English (was not expecting that at all)
    A2's in Chem, Geog and Maths (bit shocked, I was sure I had an A1 in geography!)
    B1's in Music & Physic

I got an A2 in ordinary Irish and I passed honours Applied Maths which shocked me, got a D1!

I was aiming for 600 but I knew that with anything in the 550+ range I would be delighted!

One of my friends got 595 and another got 615, and a guy I know from primary school with got 625 so I guess I was in good company and that may have helped. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

49 shots. Why dont I just chug the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

peekachoo wrote: »
    That's what im looking at Dan, ucc! Last place I thought id end up :pac:

DRINK ALL THE SHOTS :D

I was originally hoping for biological and biomedical sciences in NUIM but tbh maynooth is awful awkward to get to from Tipp anyway. Science in UCC, the more I think about it was probably my best option to begin with, if I get offered it I'm taking it and if not I'm repeating :)

she got like 565 in her leaving :eek: had a load of points to spare for her course. shes just finished it now, and is goin doin a phd up in nuig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 traleebeur

Got 565.. gutted really wanted dentistry!! anyone know if its enough for pharm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    she got like 565 in her leaving :eek: had a load of points to spare for her course. shes just finished it now, and is goin doin a phd up in nuig.

Jesus sounds like i didn't too bad with my 430 so phds and everything! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

When I saw my results I was just like :eek:

Sooo happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

peekachoo wrote: »
    Jesus sounds like i didn't too bad with my 430 so phds and everything! :P

shes to good at studyin imo :p

What's the story lads if you're not around on the dates to view scripts? My viewing times completely clash with Electric Picnic and there's no chance of me being around. Can I send someone in in my place to have a look, or is that just tough luck for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Tough luck I'm afraid. Strictly no third party only viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

But you can bring someone with you can ya? My sister wants to view my art paper with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got my leaving cert results 6 years ago and didn't do particularly well. Never applied myself and ended up doing a course I didn't really want to do and so dropped out.

Went back to college and did yet another course which I also dropped out from.

Did a lot of soul searching and took a few years out to think about what direction I wanted to go in. I'm 25 now and for the past two years I've applied for college to study social care. Didn't get in last year but I ended up getting in this year and am absolutely thrilled to be going back into college.

What's the point of this post? Well, I guess it's just to say that doing terribly in your leaving cert is not the end of the world despite what some people may have you believe. There are other options like PLC courses available. It might take a bit longer to get to where you want to go but you can get there eventually.

I thought I wanted to be a sound engineer but hated the monotony of it. I thought I wanted to do something with computers but I hated the monotony of that too.

It's taken me this long to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and just because a piece of paper told me I couldn't do it right away doesn't mean that it was going to stop me.

Take tonight off, don't worry about it and assess your options another day. Go out with mates and relax.

Enjoy your night lads/lasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

When I came home I told my brother what I got.
    He asked what was it out of and was it any good?
    I told him it was plenty good so he's texting all his friends to tell them what I got :eek: Bless! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

435! Delighted! Highest results were an A2 in Biology (!!!!!) and a B2 in English.

Should be enough for my Psych nursing somewhere in Dublin at least :)

Tough luck I'm afraid. Strictly no third party only viewing.

Thanks for letting me know. It's not crucial I view them anyway, it's just out of curiosity!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

535!! Can I get dentistry with hear though??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MilkyBird

Glitt_123 wrote: »
    535!! Can I get dentistry with hear though??

I got 535 too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

490, 5 off my first choice of Law in UCD :(:(

Since you're so close you should seriously consider viewing your papers and requesting some rechecks, but be clever about it to give yourself the best chance.

When you view your papers, you'll get to see the actual percentages rather than the grades. This is where strategic requests for rechecks come in, as you'll probably find that some papers will only be a few percent off the next grade up. If that's the case, get the borderline papers rechecked. Having presided over appeals and sat through exam board meetings for years, believe me, upward revisions of grades are more common than you might think. Remember, your papers were graded quite quickly together with a heap of others. Chances are many examiners will be more amenable to reviewing them favourably outside the pressure of trying to meet grading deadlines, and are more likely to boost grades if percentages are borderline. (Of course, if any grades are way off what you expected, get them rechecked also.)

Chances are, with the additional maths points the cut-offs will be boosted across the board for many courses, so appeal as many as you feel should be rechecked. Fill in the form and submit it straight away to avoid missing the deadline, and best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Well I dont know at the moment but what if Science is what I want to do, or Jesus forbid, I decide I want to do medicine next year, Ill never get the points for that and the only back door option is science :eek: What do you want to do

*Sigh* Why cant I make an affirmative decision on anything

You can do medicine as a graduate with any previous Bachelor's degree as long as you get a 2:1. Mine was a law degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Since you're so close you should seriously consider viewing your papers and requesting some rechecks, but be clever about it to give yourself the best chance.

When you view your papers, you'll get to see the actual percentages rather than the grades. This is where strategic requests for rechecks come in, as you'll probably find that some papers will only be a few percent off the next grade up. If that's the case, get the borderline papers rechecked. Having presided over appeals and sat through exam board meetings for years, believe me, upward revisions of grades are more common than you might think. Remember, your papers were graded quite quickly together with a heap of others. Chances are many examiners will be more amenable to reviewing them favourably outside the pressure of trying to meet grading deadlines, and are more likely to boost grades if percentages are borderline. (Of course, if any grades are way off what you expected, get them rechecked also.)

Chances are, with the additional maths points the cut-offs will be boosted across the board for many courses, so appeal as many as you feel should be rechecked. Fill in the form and submit it straight away to avoid missing the deadline, and best of luck.

Thank you so much for taking time to write that.. some grades were surprisingly higher than others, but Irish was a B3 when I expected a B1 minimum... That's definitely going for recheck, as well as English where a B1 was disappointing too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

etymon wrote: »
    You can do medicine as a graduate with any previous Bachelor's degree as long as you get a 2:1. Mine was a law degree.

Oh know I dont want to do med, but I was giving that as an example how I could quite possibly find myself in a pickle again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

^ Hugsie, I want Med too. Grad Med is a good option and you could do that but maybe give it one more go and work so hard!! Think of all the money you'd save by giving it one more go!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

^ Hugsie, I want Med too. Grad Med is a good option and you could do that but maybe give it one more go and work so hard!! Think of all the money you'd save by giving it one more go!! :D

NO no no no I dont want med, no, its just something I could see myself doing, like best case scenario ever would be 560 points, I probably would be better off just doing the backdoor entry of science, like its something if you realise during your repeat year you were better going off straight in to college, I was just using it as an example :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I got 470 and I'm fairly happy with it. I want to do Computer Science in TCD though and I'm not sure if I have enough points for it. The course was 450 points last year but the points seem to be rising rapidly. I'm on the dare scheme too. So has anyone any predictions weather I'll get in or not? I'm so nervous. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Motel_face

Anyone know if i really dont want my first choice on my CAO can i decline it to get my second? Or does it not work like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Motel_face wrote: »
    Anyone know if i really dont want my first choice on my CAO can i decline it to get my second? Or does it not work like that

No, you can't do that. That was why preference was so important. There's nothing you can do only go to college and then speak to the Dean about transferring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 roberth

Got 585! Over the moon and definitely happy for it all to be over and done with!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Motel_face

No, you can't do that. That was why preference was so important. There's nothing you can do only go to college and then speak to the Dean about transferring. :)

Aggh stress! Thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

MY top six: 590 points overall, UCD veterinary, here i come (hopefully)! :)
    Irish A1
    Biology A1
    Ag Science A1
    Chemistry A2 :(
    French A2 :)
    Maths B1 :(

points better not go up now!! that would b my luck haha. Any other future vet students?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Ive met no one who has been happy with their business result, myself included, I didnt finish the exam but I dont care what anyone says, I shouldve got more than a C2, a b2 might be pushing it but definitely not a C!

Kind of a nothing post here really, but I came out of the LC thinking I did worse than my mocks but ended up coming out with a pretty high result.. Id say it jsut came down to all this nitty gritty things with busness, quoting, examples, bullet points etc

Dunno do I really want to write out my rsults here, coz compared to loads of yee I did quite meh.. But Im happy and its above the national average :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Prince Swag

delighted with my results!

just wondering what the school do with my results, since i didnt pick it up there i got them online ?

Advertisement