Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

delighted with my results!

just wondering what the school do with my results, since i didnt pick it up there i got them online ?

I imagine they post them to you because all of ours had our home addresses on them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know when the marking schemes are online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

deise_girl wrote: »
    Kind of a nothing post here really, but I came out of the LC thinking I did worse than my mocks but ended up coming out with a pretty high result.. Id say it jsut came down to all this nitty gritty things with busness, quoting, examples, bullet points etc

Dunno do I really want to write out my rsults here, coz compared to loads of yee I did quite meh.. But Im happy and its above the national average :)

Who cares about how many points you got once you get enough to get the course you want! I know it's nice to get alot but in the end, you only need to get enough for your course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ynwa14 wrote: »
    550. So much better than I thought I'd do but peed off that I didn't end up applying for the courses that I wanted but didn't think I'd get into. Didn't wanna disappoint myself by misisng out on a first choice - so word of warning, dont fall into the hole of self deprecation when filling out a cao! Tis grand though, 4 HL A1s, one A2 and two OL B3s. Somehow my A2 came from German. Shocking really since I'm fluent and managed to do better in physics than my second language. Oh well.
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    when randy see's this hes goin to flip!!
    ynwa14 wrote: »
    Ah sure, still got enough points for Law so I can't really complain, just wish I hadnt let my careers teacher talk me outta trying for med or physio :P
    Randy will kill them then
    No point flipping at anyone at this stage, is there?

But ynwa, would you do me a favour? ... would you pop back next January and say all that again in the CAO thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Irish - A2 :) (Years at the Gaeltacht finally paid off!)
    English - A2 :D (Did NOT deserve it, the amount of work I did was appalling, but I got seriously lucky)
    Maths - B3 :D PRAISE THE LORD AND HIS MIRACLES!
    French - A2 :D
    Biology - A2 :D (Would have liked an A1, but the paper went horribly, so I'm grateful!)
    Chemistry - C1 :(
    Music - A2 :)

A total of 550 points, which I'm happy with, but, not enough for pharmacy anywhere, and the C in chemistry cuts out my UK options. I'm gonna see if I can't squeeze out another few points from Irish, music and maybe French and English. Until then, physiotherapy in RCSI or UL, here I come! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Lollipops13

what do you think pharm will be this year? I got A1 in bio, bus, English! thrilled

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Who cares about how many points you got once you get enough to get the course you want! I know it's nice to get alot but in the end, you only need to get enough for your course

Yea Im pretty safe, over 100 points over what my course was last year so Im pretty safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

what do you think pharm will be this year? I got A1 in bio, bus, English! thrilled

Congratulations, that's fantastic! :D I'd say it'd stay nearly the same, maybe going up by 5 points. 580 for Trinners, maybe, but I think anybody on last year's points (565-575) should be alright come second round at least :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yea Im pretty safe, over 100 points over what my course was last year so Im pretty safe :D

That's what ya want! Wish I was that sure about me course.

The drink will be flowing well in Waterford tonight so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

That_Guy wrote: »
    I got my leaving cert results 6 years ago and didn't do particularly well. Never applied myself and ended up doing a course I didn't really want to do and so dropped out.

Went back to college and did yet another course which I also dropped out from.

Did a lot of soul searching and took a few years out to think about what direction I wanted to go in. I'm 25 now and for the past two years I've applied for college to study social care. Didn't get in last year but I ended up getting in this year and am absolutely thrilled to be going back into college.

What's the point of this post? Well, I guess it's just to say that doing terribly in your leaving cert is not the end of the world despite what some people may have you believe. There are other options like PLC courses available. It might take a bit longer to get to where you want to go but you can get there eventually.

I thought I wanted to be a sound engineer but hated the monotony of it. I thought I wanted to do something with computers but I hated the monotony of that too.

It's taken me this long to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and just because a piece of paper told me I couldn't do it right away doesn't mean that it was going to stop me.

Take tonight off, don't worry about it and assess your options another day. Go out with mates and relax.

Enjoy your night lads/lasses.

+1 this.

I was in a similar situation when did my LC in 2009. I was a 100+ points off from the course I wanted to do (Biotech DCU). Did a one year PLC course and here I am about to enter 3rd year in 6 weeks :eek:

I feeling when I saw this was unreal, I can't explain it. THERE'S A WAY AROUND EVERYTHING!

JXYBliH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

So I ended up getting 455 in the end. The best results being A1s in English and History. I couldn't be happier with my points, but I feel I got significantly more than I deserved. There are others out there who made a greater effort than I did and didn't get what they wanted. I promised myself I wouldn't tell anyone who I knew personally my exact points total, and given the subtle (sometimes blunt) gloating I've heard from some people today I think I made the right choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

So I ended up getting 455 in the end. The best results being A1s in English and History. I couldn't be happier with my points, but I feel I got significantly more than I deserved. There are others out there who made a greater effort than I did and didn't get what they wanted. I promised myself I wouldn't tell anyone who I knew personally my exact points total, and given the subtle (sometimes blunt) gloating I've heard from some people today I think I made the right choice.

Fair play to you. I saw many people who were too embarressed to open their results at school around their friends because of all the people getting four or five hundred and rubbing their face in it :)

Anyone get their photo taken for a newspaper. I did except i dont know which paper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... because of all the people getting four or five hundred and rubbing their face in it :)
    In fairness, I don't think *most* people mean to rub anyone's nose in it, they're just all relieved / happy / hyper and forget to be sensitive. You will ofc get the odd gobshoite who likes to make others feel small and needs their result sheet stuffed where the sun don't shine, but in most schools they're not that common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Congratz everyone! Just remember, you don't really have to have a PhD or a degree or whatnot to do something you love and have passion for, although it does make it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

I completely agree with That_Guy and IronicToaster. Really happy that ye got your dream courses. Fair play to ye.

I got into social work in the backdoor too through an Arts degree. A college friend of fine was in the same situation as you @That_Guy. She didn't do well in the L.C, went over to the UK to wok but never settled so came back home. She did a PLC course in Childcare, really enjoyed it and was encouraged by her teacher to apply for social care degree where she got an B.A Honours and then got into Social Work M.A.

So the lesson is never give up, if you really want it and work hard it will happen. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Didn't even go out and I'm still up basking in my depression!! Hope ye all had a good night can't wait for the stories:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Serious night, just in, countless sambuca's and jagermeister had. Best night out ever, capped off nicely by getting the shift. Mary I here I come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

What a night that was , only in the club a few mins and I had a girl tryin to unbutton my top , serious night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

That_Guy wrote: »
    I got my leaving cert results 6 years ago and didn't do particularly well. Never applied myself and ended up doing a course I didn't really want to do and so dropped out.

Went back to college and did yet another course which I also dropped out from.

Did a lot of soul searching and took a few years out to think about what direction I wanted to go in. I'm 25 now and for the past two years I've applied for college to study social care. Didn't get in last year but I ended up getting in this year and am absolutely thrilled to be going back into college.

What's the point of this post? Well, I guess it's just to say that doing terribly in your leaving cert is not the end of the world despite what some people may have you believe. There are other options like PLC courses available. It might take a bit longer to get to where you want to go but you can get there eventually.

I thought I wanted to be a sound engineer but hated the monotony of it. I thought I wanted to do something with computers but I hated the monotony of that too.

It's taken me this long to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and just because a piece of paper told me I couldn't do it right away doesn't mean that it was going to stop me.

Take tonight off, don't worry about it and assess your options another day. Go out with mates and relax.

Enjoy your night lads/lasses.

+1 on all that except im on other end after work/college and looking for work doing the soul searching now after college etc. Going after what career you want and figuering out career direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

Got 340 points in the Leaving Cert which I'm pretty happy about, but at the same time I am somewhat worried as the one course I am hoping to get that is close to my points is the Journalism Course in DIT with a minimum points requirement of 330 points.

Hopefully the points for that course are not expected to rise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Brilliant night and so great to see everyone from school and that almost all of them were delighted with their results! Highlight of the night has to be sneaking in 300ml of vodka in a capri-sun carton ;)

i had a naggin in me pocket for most of the night, no one said a word to me about it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Am I the only person that did terrible in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 20131995lc

so i got my results yesterday :) 470! i hope that will get me a place for primary teaching..i got a d in chemisrty :( dissappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

20131995lc wrote: »
    so i got my results yesterday :) 470! i hope that will get me a place for primary teaching..i got a d in chemisrty :( dissappointed!

which college are you planning on going to? :)

which college are you planning on going to? :)

pats is number one and then marino and maynooth then mary i :) im not bothered what one i get though :) what you hoping to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

i had a naggin in me pocket for most of the night, no one said a word to me about it haha

We got frisked going into Savoy in Cork, but they still didn't get it ;)

I'm going for primary teaching myself :) Marino's first choice and assuming it doesn't jump massively I'm safe for it, I hope. I have Pats, Maynooth and Mary I down too though :P

I'm going for primary teaching myself :) Marino's first choice and assuming it doesn't jump massively I'm safe for it, I hope. I have Pats, Maynooth and Mary I down too though :P

oh cool, well done :) what points did you get? why did you choose mariono first can i ask?:)

• Advertisement

20131995lc wrote: »
    oh cool, well done :) what points did you get? why did you choose mariono first can i ask?:)

You too :)

Hah ehm I'll not say what points exactly (sorry :o) but... enough to see me well safe :D

Trust me, it took me a while to decide for sure that I wanted Marino, it was always a bit of a toss up between it and Pats. I think what swung me was the fact that Marino's just a lot smaller (a major plus, I think :) ) and it's got a big emphasis on Irish as well :) Although most teacher training colleges do, to be fai

Advertisement