Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Got 445. I got E in maths but D3 in Lc. I know I should be grateful that I passed but something about a D3 annoys me.It sounds like I scrapped a pass n they felt sorry for me. Really wanted an honour. Got a C2 in English. Is anybody else annoyed at english. Getting Maths recked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

I hope Trinity Mathematics drops from its unnatural high of 535 back to what it usually is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NL1995

Does anybody think the points will come down for primary school teaching this year?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

NL1995 wrote: »
    Does anybody think the points will come down for primary school teaching this year?

I would expect so, unless people really haven't been paying attention to what's going on in teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Anyone else having doubts now that they've seen their points?
    I have a place secured in England because I didn't think I'd get the course I wanted here. Results were a pleasant surprise and have definately given my a place here in Ireland (unless it go up by 50 points). Really don't know what to think now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NL1995

I really hope so, I am short 10 points and i know its pretty slim that it will drop 10 but im hoping at least 5 then mabye i might get the other 5 from appealing my results, but i guess ill just have to wait and see:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Taken from examinations.ie
    IMPORTANT: The Marking Schemes for the 2013 Leaving Certificate will be available on the 30th August, 2013 to coincide with the viewing of scripts in schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

olazbabes wrote: »
    Got 445. I got E in maths but D3 in Lc. I know I should be grateful that I passed but something about a D3 annoys me.It sounds like I scrapped a pass n they felt sorry for me. Really wanted an honour. Got a C2 in English. Is anybody else annoyed at english. Getting Maths recked!!!

I was very annoyed after putting in a lot of work in the pre for english and i got a b3. But after feeling the exam went only so so in June for me I got an a2. I knew my essay went well, I just kind of got inspired in there and forgot I was in an exam hall, but I thought I made a complete hames of the macbeth question. Im happy out with what I got overall anyway(480) which should see me get primary teaching in Mary I hopefully.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EoghMy

Quick question to any/everybody. When do we actually get our official final certificate rather than just the provisional grades? I plan on going to uni in the Netherlands and they want the official results to admit me so I need them pretty soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

sganyfx wrote: »
    I hope Trinity Mathematics drops from its unnatural high of 535 back to what it usually is...

Fingers crossed for you! I was going for that course too but only got a C3 in maths :( Absolutely devastated, with 550 would have hopefully gotten in, but clearly wasn't meant to be. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

EoghMy wrote: »
    Quick question to any/everybody. When do we actually get our official final certificate rather than just the provisional grades? I plan on going to uni in the Netherlands and they want the official results to admit me so I need them pretty soon...

It won't be soon. For the past few years they didn't issue them at all due to a dispute.
    http://www.examinations.ie/candidates/Website_FAQ_April_2013.pdf (.pdf)

They suggest after all appeals are exhausted, but I would guess more like after Christmas.

Contact the SEC and see what official statement they can give you that will suit the Dutch folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Only got 565, devastated, appealing everything :(

Why devastated? What did you need to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

I got 495 points,however I only got a D3 in HL Maths.

I heard that they adjust marks so people won't fail maths.Although I am happy that I passed ,if they didn't adjust the marks more likely I'd failed the Leaving .Still feeling shocked when thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Got 460! So happy ! :) Not going to get my 1st, or 2nd choice, may get my 3rd for Maynooth biological and biomedical which is 455 but I doubt it because points will prob jump ! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Thataone wrote: »
    Anyone else having doubts now that they've seen their points?
    I have a place secured in England because I didn't think I'd get the course I wanted here. Results were a pleasant surprise and have definately given my a place here in Ireland (unless it go up by 50 points). Really don't know what to think now?

Go with Ireland and save your family for the ridiculous fees in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Got 510 points, 10 points more than my first choice of Science in UCD. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't go up 10 points but we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lauren14

Got A2s in Art, English, Irish and OL Maths, B1 in Biology and B2s in German and History so 515 points. Delighted, as my first choice is 465 points (primary teaching in Maynooth)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Fingers crossed for you! I was going for that course too but only got a C3 in maths :( Absolutely devastated, with 550 would have hopefully gotten in, but clearly wasn't meant to be. Best of luck :)

That is sickening :( I got 520 so I dunno, I just hope some miracle happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Well yeah, just as I suspected, I failed OL maths - I got an E. Did great in everything else though (two A1's :D) . My teacher said that such a difference between my maths result and the results I got in the other subjects is really uncommon. Not too disappointed with the result to be honest. I would be more concerned about the validity of the subject if I passed it. :pac:

Reckon a potential employer would look twice at the result? Should I bother including the result on my CV if I am applying for a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

N64 wrote: »
    Well yeah, just as I suspected, I failed OL maths - I got an E. Not too disappointed with the result to be honest. I would be more concerned about the validity of the subject if I passed it. :pac:

Reckon a potential employer would look twice at the result? Should I bother including the result on my CV if I am applying for a job?

I wouldn't worry too much but if you were going to work anywhere that involved any kind of maths , even a shop or something/tills i would just leave it off! they will probably skim over results and won't think oh theres no maths result..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler95

I only got 305 points , Not what I needed :( Does anyone know who applied for Architecture in DIT would I get in ? I Did quite well in the Test and Interview but not great :P

Also did anyone who was doing the Interview see how much people were on the list , and the amount of people who would not accept it ? :)

Any Help would be Great !

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Bit late to the party here, but got 605 which is higher than I'd ever thought I'd get!

A1 : English, (Project) Maths, Applied Maths, Physics
    A2: Spanish, Economics

Side note, just putting this out there, I may very well have the biggest points surplus in the country :P
    Going for Common Entry Engineering in Maynooth, which was 390 last year, so I'm... *takes out calculator* 215 points ahead of the game :D

Anyone beat that, or know anyone that beats that?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EvM

535, so I'm pretty confident I'm going to get CSL in TCD. I guess I'm happy enough seeing that I really didn't do a whole lot of work until very close to the exams so I can't honestly complain :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

N64 wrote: »
    Well yeah, just as I suspected, I failed OL maths - I got an E. Did great in everything else though (two A1's :D) . My teacher said that such a difference between my maths result and the results I got in the other subjects is really uncommon. Not too disappointed with the result to be honest. I would be more concerned about the validity of the subject if I passed it. :pac:

A suggestion would be that you could undertake some minor maths course with certification in the future...just a suggestion. I got an F in my Leaving Cert OL Maths (albeit 35 years ago!...and the job I do now entails a lot of working with figures...um...go 'figure'!). But after school I did a commercial/secretarial course, and the fact that I'd taken a 'Business Arithmetic' (or something like that) exam and got an A in that gave me some confidence at interviews in subsequent years. I think it's useful to show you are fine with well....Junior Cert Maths stuff like percentages, fractions - the stuff that often crops up in aptitude tests.

It's just a suggestion. But some of the best people fail Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Got 510 which I'm pretty happy about ! Had law in trinity down first for the craic but I'm 15 off of last year! Wouldn't mind ucd which I'm pretty sure I'd be somewhat home and dry with..does anyone think that law in trinity will come down this course has fluctuated alot throughout the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Music - A1
    Maths - A2
    English - A2
    German - A2
    Irish - B1
    Physics - B2
    DCG - B2

All higher level apart from ordinary Irish.

555, up from 520 in the mocks, so I can't complain xD Hopefully things will go well on Monday now and I'll get my course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Got 505 and I'm five points off Psychology in UL :( It went down from 515 to 510 last year but who knows how things will work out on Monday. If it remains at 510 then I'll be appealing as many as five results, I was confident I got a B1 in Irish and ended up with a B3 while I think I may have got an A1 in Geography as opposed to an A2 so I guess I'll just have to review and see. Otherwise it's Psychology and Sociology for me as my next choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Anyone have any guesses to weather the business courses in NUI maynooth might go up or down!? Feeling nervous...very nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Ive met no one who has been happy with their business result, myself included,

stats from the newspaper. Higher Business A's down to 10.8% from 11.4% in 2012

Higher Business honours down to 70.5% from 71.3% in 2012

Higher Business failure rate up to 7.1% from 6.8% in 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Kenney wrote: »
    Anxious and jet lagged after a holiday. It's nearly 4am and i need to be up at 6:50 because the school wants me in early to take a photo for some reason. I'm going to be on ready to die in a few hours.

Happened to a guy down the road from me. He ended up licking envelopes for two hours

Advertisement